mozilla firefox1.0 finally out

The Mozilla Foundation today released Firefox 1.0, the first major new product release since the Mozilla Suite's 1.0 in June of 2002. Firefox 1.0 is the completion of roughly 2 years of work on the revolutionary new browser, which has raised the Mozilla Foundation's profile greatly in its year of existance. The release follows up the hugely successful Preview Release which had over eight million downloads.

Included in the release is a new start page which was formulated from user research including the home page poll taken here. Futhermore, the release will feature over a dozen localized builds released at the same time as the main English build, a first for the Foundation. In coming days, the Foundation expects at least a dozen more to be available....

more at http://www.mozilla.org

Interesting, I'll be looking for an optimized build ...
MMX or better, P-II/P-Pro or better, or preferably a G7 no SSE (the best build for non-XP Athlon or "spitfire" Duron cores)

if u manage 2 get optimized builds,plz post links here :) :D
somehow the previous optimized builds all crashed on my pc....

Cool, cheers for the news serjer :)

I been using this more than opera recently & have used the various beta's & rc's, i still have a bug with tabbrowser prefs (the 0.9.93/95 ones) When i open the options dialog, the buttons for general etc are mirrored on the right side of the left pane, but most annoying of all is the fact that the dialog box will not keep its size when resized (i have to do this as everytime i used it i had to resize it to see the ok & cancel buttons) It only happens with tabbrowser prefs, i have been tryin tab browser extension & it has lots more options, but a niggle also, when logging into a forum where u have popup a pm message box enabled, it always makes it a new tab (after seeing the window it then turns into a tab & if i click to read it then resizes the main browser window to the pm message box size) damn frustrating, i do have single window mode ticked, but have tried the other modes & it always starts drawin the window, then vanishes & becomes a tab :(

Its a damn fine browser though & with extensions for everythin, i can only thank scarecrow for converting me ;)

BaNzI :D