Moviefactory Sound Synchronizing problems.

Rowanoak

Please can someone advise me? Just got ULEAD USB Live Video Capture with Moviefactory software. Problem with Sound Synchronizing after converting the captured file to any format after capturing. Think it has something to do with the dropped frames but dont see how to resolve this.
My system is:
AMD 2800 Barton Processor
1.5 Gigabytes of Unregistered Micron memory
Creative 5900 Ulra 256Meg Graphics card
Asus A7N8X Nforce2 Motherboard
Western Digital 80Gig 7200Rpm Hard Drive.

In short, i capture the image from my VHS video recorder (im in the UK so i use PAL settings and find setting the frame rate to 25 per second reduces dropped frames). Also i tend to set the sound to CD Quality. I only get one style of audio capture type (think its PDM). When finished i have a huge (15gig for a movie) AVI file on my drive which if i use the Moviefactory software to convert to another PAL standard format results in a loss of sound synch which gradually gets worse. I have checked the Website for patches for Moviefactory and can find nothing with regards to this problem. Can anyone help me as i'm still getting to grips with this area of knowledge.

TheBeaner4U

Sound Problem ( Synchronization )

I did finally get my files to encode. I still get error messages, but at least I'm ending up with an encode.
But now I have an odd problem...
I first run DivFix on the file and its clean. I view the movie first and it looks fine. The sound is properly synchronized during viewing, and all seems well. The movie looks great.
Then, after I encode the file and burn it, I go to play it and there are problems;
1. No vertical hold and no color. (Reviewing my DVD player manual, it stated the color system does not match TV. The manual advised pressing the P/N button on the DVD Player's remote until you get it matched. This fixed this problem.)
2. Sound now is not syncronized. The actor's lips are not in synch with words. This is especially puzzling to me because the synch was perfect BEFORE encoding/burning.
Does anyone have helpful thoughts on this?
Stu