Modem Test 1.3

ModemTest

It's S/W but great for checking a modem as 30 days use. $15 as I guess OK for those working on computers.

They have a few other S/W utilties.

I have a V90/V92 look like issue. I guess a CHEAPIE ISP and it is swamped now days and my speed down to 31K. I have exhausted all my tests so it has to be ISP. Gonna try a 10 hour free ISP to see about speed there.

http://www.passman.com

is your modem software win modem or hardware modem !? hardware modem is better as it does not use any system memory time /power to run :)

no no no

NO Win modem. I had heard those are bad long ago. Creative Modem Blaster PCI V92. Put the same one in the Duron and it worked but then the Athlon XP was run AFTER and my ISP probably screwy. Maybe punishing me for so many hours as my CHEAP RATE? I have another cheapie ISP pgm loaded ready to startup to check connection speed. I USED to have 44K and even D/L up to 70K at times.

The 31K is a V90/V92 symptom as I gather but tests AOK.

Laz

ModemTest is an easy to use Windows based application that allows users to test their dial up modem. ModemTest performs low level testing that is independent of your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the TCP/IP settings on the computer. It allows the modem to be tested in addition to the phone line the modem is connected to. ModemTest provides a method for system integrators and computer repair centers to test both internal and external modems. By a process of elimination home users can also use ModemTest to help isolate Internet connection problems to a faulty modem, or phone line or their ISP service. ModemTest logs any data corruption and incorporates a modem speed test which reports the initial connection speed and the actual throughput.

http://www.passmark.com/products/modemtst.htm

bugs bugs bugs

Searched and a UK article has that card w/a chip bug as freezing up vs repeated use/logon. What I have!

I think I will just go get an I/O cheap modem card (locally $30). One gold lead on card end looks worn but I think Creative is starting to be an ENEMY with any cards with me.

Unbelievable as a plain cheap moden card is troublesome.

Not near as bad as BAD software though.

If I was not fed up with business incompetence ALREADY I would be REALLY mad.

modem madness

OK. I am officially proclaiming Creative Modem Blaster PCI V92 DI5633 is a RIPOFF!

It has a bug where it does hang up on repeat online connecting. It had some other bug as not connecting at 56K. Might be post burn in broke. The modem and my ISP did not connect right. Those modems should be RECALLED.

I installed an Intel chipset modem. I think part number: PMIIA56002-21. $25. Kind of a generic box.

I set Windows Me at 115K and that is what I CONNECTED AT to my cheap ISP vs the 32.1 or 32.2 K I had.

31K is a symptom of V90/V92 stuff. Got that surfing on modem info. That modem is not connecting right!

Of course I reset Windows to 56K as Internet Download Manager does not have a 115K setting. I still have ISP at 115K though!

I D/Led some wallpaper at 44K, not bad, depends on my connection and did not use IDM.

The modem that was $10 + rebate = free was a WIN modem. I need some Ginseng for my old brain to read right but that might cause other problems! Then again problems do NOT seem to be me anyway.

If I was dum I could just blame others for my problems. The evidence is it IS others!