Merging MP3's

minofso

I am trying to create a continuous playing mp3 cd from seperate mp3 files. I have Wavelab 4 and MP3 Direct cut installed. I have no problem creating a continuous audio cd from these files but when I try to burn a data cd from the montage created, small gaps appear even when burning disc-at-once.
I want to play the mp3 disc in a car mp3 player and want to be able to skip to the next track and still have the track tag in place.
I have found that when wavs are converted to mp3's, a small amount of silence is inserted at the beginning and the end of the files (only milliseconds) but enough to be noticed.
Does anyone know of a software that can edit mp3's without converting them to wavs (mp3 direct cut doesn't zoom in enough to see the silence) and to be able to create a montage with markers in mp3 format?
I hope you understand what I am asking.

It was posted few times..Check serch button.....Wavelab and Samplitude should doit.........Feurio too :)

In Nero
load the Mp3's as single audio tracks in the correct order
Highlight the tracks and select properties
select gap or frames between and set to zero (i rcomend frames)
burn as nornal but at maybe 8X
voila

minofso

Thanks for your reply Stimpleton but you seem to have mis-understood. I don't want them as a audio cd but as a data or mp3 cd. Do you have any other suggestions?
stimpleton said:
In Nero
load the Mp3's as single audio tracks in the correct order
Highlight the tracks and select properties
select gap or frames between and set to zero (i rcomend frames)
burn as nornal but at maybe 8X
voila

??!? is that NOT what you wanted to do !? ..

joining them as a single track is prolly the best way to avoid gaps !?

other than that use winamp and change the fade settings so the tracks merge into each other !?

if not then follow stimpleton's advice and simply remove the gap delay between tracks :)

An MP3 CD is a data CD, and the "silence" between the played MP3 files can't be avoided (at least this applies for most standaalone MP3 players- unless you merge them in a single file, which of course has it's own disadvantages.