MenuModder: What am I doing wrong?

lemmy999

MenuModder won't display the menu on either of my computers, but it will show the outline of the buttons. However, I right click on a button and it turns red, then I save the file and kill MenuModder. I then process with IFOEdit and then burn with Nero. The resulting DVD still lets me select the button (which I thought it would do this) and when I press "enter" while the disabled button is highlighted, instead of doing nothing, it stops the DVD. It is the same result I get if I don't use menu modder.

The only thing menumodder seems to do is if a button actually goes to a submenu and I disable the button, when the button is pressed in the final DVD it stops playback of the DVD instead of going to the submenu (even if the submenu is actually on the DVD). It makes the button behave as if there is no submenu called by pressing the button (as if I had stripped that submenu out with dvd stripper).

Last edited:

lemmy999

I am having another problem with Menumodder. If I open a vob with Menumodder (from within DS) and disable a button, then save it, the changes are saved. If I reopen, the button is still disabled, but if I try to enable the button again (rigth click, restore button, or by using the editor) then save it, when I reload that vob the button is still disabled. In other words, once I disable a button and save, it is gone for good.

the menu doesn't have more than 1 part does it? Maybe you are disabling the 1st part of it and the 2nd part is still working. It shouldn't really do anything at all if you have disabled the correct button on the correct menu

sometimes you have a motion start to a menu (1st part) then the still is the 2nd part

to restore a button back top the original state, click the multicoloured arrows icon (to the right of the saave icon) to restore it to the original data

the right click restore only works by restoring the button to the state it was just after you loaded the current file

lemmy999

This is a very simple menu at the top level. There is just one screen with 4 buttons. There is no motion and there is only one part.

Also, I have tried using the arrow (restore) button and it restores the button, but when I save and then reload, the button is red again.

works fine for me :confused:, I used the method below but I dont think you need to close MenuModder but I did it that way also

open the menu in MenuModder
modify the button(s)
save it
close MenuModder
open MenuModder
open same menu
restore all modified button(s)
save it
close MenuModder
open MenuModder
open same menu

how big is the menu file?

lemmy999

MackemX said:
works fine for me :confused:, I used the method below but I dont think you need to close MenuModder but I did it that way also

open the menu in MenuModder
modify the button(s)
save it
close MenuModder
open MenuModder
open same menu
restore all modified button(s)
save it
close MenuModder
open MenuModder
open same menu

how big is the menu file?
136 KB, but I just deleted everything and ripped from the DVD to HDD and now I can get it to disable, then enable the same button (using the same process I was using earlier). I had this same type of problem on another PC last night. I couldn't get it to enable a button, then re-ripped and it would work again.