me or xp pro

i am running me for the longest time i really hate it i was thinking of changing to xp pro, i feel me is really bad, so my friend i ask you is it me i say with or xp pro i go to. :rolleyes:

comppac 1.5amd 256mg 60gighd dvd drive, plextor 241040a satilite download real sht upload 90vk which is just 56k and anyday now cablemodem then i can realy play but maybe your right i love to burn over 1500 burns never unhappy about that
psx psx2 dc pc vcd svcd backups all cool :rolleyes:
but all of that came from reading and learning from the best at cdrsoft

Use win98se and xp.

Best of both worlds.

Multi partition your HD and use a bootmanager. That way you can have two primary partitions (obviously only one active at once).

If you want to go all the way, you can have a separate data partition and a separate appz partition that can be seen by either OS.

Image each partition and the common data partition, that way if one ever crashes you can switch in one reboot, or reimage in less than 10 mins.

Also, all your data, mail, bookmarks etc are all common to one OS.

It takes a little longer to setup, but it's well worth the effort.

Santa

dx

gettygas

I like you used WinME, but didn't like it very much. I put up with it for 2 years, bugs and all, because Win2000 wouldn't play my games very well. This past November after a frustrating reinstall problem with WinME, I decided to go with XP.

To me XP is very stable with very little problems. I have to disagree with the people who claim that XP is very buggy. For me it is just the opposite. Yes, XP does require some tweaking and finessing, but once you get the hang of it it's not that bad. I have no problems with any of my games or apps. And in fact, I have yet to find a program that does not run in XP provided you find the appropriate patch or tweak.

Anything you need to know about XP you can find in the database here. And of course, you can always post here if it is not. :cool:

dxkim my son is running xp pro right now and he is on the computer day and night i had to install it for him after one of his on line games slaped him in the asss that is another story , but as for xp he loves it , he running all his stuff no problem , but every day i have to reboot or defrg clean this check msconfig but all my buddies say change to xp pro you will have less do, even my me restore disk has to be defraged dame shame, so i f i change to xp msme your done .seya buybuy as for 98se i liked my pure dos [freetalk]

My new desktop PC and my new Notebook both came with windows me installed. I hated it. I was either going to put Win98 SE on or Win2000 Pro. Then, I decided to try WinXP Pro Corp. It installed fine and the drivers all worked for everything, but something very strange started happening. Every time I booted my PC, if I tried to click on anything on the desktop to start a program....it just sat there idle and would not do anything for about 5-10 minutes. Then, whatever I had clicked on would finally open. I got tired of that crap and put Windows 2000 SP-2 on and have never had any problems.

The only game I have encountered that will not play on Win2000 is Chessmaster8000. Sure, it pissed me off...but not enough to switch to anything else.

I am eagerly waiting for the Windows 2000 SP-3 release. Shouldn't be too much longer.

well here i go , going to install xp pro after this post if you dont hear from me it was great to have been here, if it works ill be back to let you all know, :eek:

@gettygas
haha - good luck mate

though since its the most stable o/s ms has evey made - i doubt you would have problems installaing and configuring it. But as for compability with 3rd party software - thats another story.

Check back here for compatibility issues with XP.
Hope it works out for ya :)

Last edited:
wow its working xp pro it took some work i got some of the bugs out so i just have to play . found my plextor now i have to try and see if every thing runs and start putting my software back in clone my diskjuggler, so lets see what happins ill be back:eek:
as long as can get back to the forum ill be ok

HOW do you set up dual boot ????

I tried to do this and on EVERY occasion, it never made it to the end of the installing on 98 or 98SE or ME, I have XP on my "D" and nothing on "C". I'd like 98 on as I had nothing but "kernel32.dll" errors and nothing would open. But after trying to install to C for a failed 3rd time, I gave up. It fails right near the end with 1-2 minutes to go.:mad:

you should try xp!
the new options are very helpful.....
i would immediately stop running me on your system....i think its the badest windows of all.
but....you must decide!

ok xp pro up and running i have gotten all the updates is there anything else i should go and get to add to my xp :confused:

@Gettygas,don't forget to disable the builtin XP burning program.You should also install an aspi layer afterwards,as you will probably need it too.;)

wow all this work for xp ,xp burning program? aspi layer afterwards,as you will probably need it too.:confused: were do i start this is all greek to me iam greek to