mandrake 10 final out

Mandrakelinux 10.0 Official at a glance

Faster with higher Performance
Kernel 2.6 New!

Easy to use
Automated Installation Process
Benefit from automatic hardware detection* and configuration
Intuitive wizards and configuration utilities in the Mandrakelinux Control Center (Centralized Configuration Center)
NTFS partition resizing without data loss
The latest graphical interfaces and themes
KDE 3.2 New! and improved look and feel.

Customizable
System installation in the language of your choice (68 available)
Mandrakelinux Control Center: 62 tools for easily configuring your system
URPMI: Automated software management

Powerful
CPU compatible with SMP and Hyper-Threading architectures
Support for USB2 and IEEE 1394
Serial ATA* support
Heterogeneous environment support with Samba
Authentication on LDAP, NIS or Windows® servers New!
ATI™Rage 128/Pro & Radeon, NVIDIA, Matrox G200/G400/G500 and much more!
Video cards compatible with NVIDIA®, ATI™, Intel® i865G, 8xx cards, Matrox and many more!

Secure and Reliable
Security System Management (Draksec and Drakperm)
Firewall
Easy to use partitioning software supports journalized file systems EXT3, ReiserFS, XFS, and encrypted file system

I already have it... (Community+ updates), I am normally critical over Mandrake releases, but I can dare to say that the current MDK 10.0 simply kicks some serious ass... Easy, fullfeatured, and stable (stable? :rolleyes: yeah, stable, not kidding...).
Surely enough the best Mandrake Linux ever... just my $ .02
That does not mean that eveything should work like clockwork, but my current "official" thru updates simply rocks...

anyone reading this this take note .... if SCARECOW says its a good release of NIX then take his word for it he knows his penguins well enough :)

Hey linux guys :)
What a linux got to offer to me???always used a windows,not good with command proggys??i can only manage proggys with gui :)
Can i have any adventage with linux??Getting a cheaper software is not a point as i dont paying it now either..so what i would gain???
Serius replys only,please :)

seb said:
For u zver, i recommend knoppix...
IDIOT proof :p
well,still its not zver-proof but its kind of close :p
still,what i can do with linux which cant do in xp??-free software or o/s not counts.
Cmon linux people,tell me why is so good?Why should i ditch xp??

Conclussion

ok,gonna try it,but everywhere i found 3.3 and they said the 3.4 is the newest one-best version,somebody knows where to find a nevest one couse their torrent link is dead??
Also,when bootup-is it problem couse my monitor is tv actually,and i can do things only over tv-out and i got rid of all pc monitors allready :eek:
also any forum for help people using knoppix??

Knoppix 3.4 is not out yet (maybe this week), what is out is a mod of the Knoppix 3.4 "Cebit Edition" which has some issues with its english modules.

Why should i ditch xp??
less virus party on tux that windoz :D:D
good thing about knoppix is that u won't be screwing ur hdd if u're a newbie & can also make an image installation of the cd if u want later;)

serjer said:
less virus party on tux that windoz :D:D
good thing about knoppix is that u won't be screwing ur hdd if u're a newbie & can also make an image installation of the cd if u want later;)
well thats why are av proggys right :rolleyes:

To all impatient Mandrake lovers, here"s the MD 10 official release( 4CDs)
_http://games2.gci.net/pub/Linux/Mandrake/Mandrakelinux-10.0-Official/
By the way, is it possible to compile a bootable DVD with these 4CDs ?