major outake :(

N.B.

Staff member
Hello people !

Strange things happend today. I am glad I am here in the noc so let me tell you:
The CDRBase server suddenly rebooted for no reason at all, have to investigate this. Just after the reboot the apache installation was dead.
Had to recompilte apache, php and repair the database ;)

Sorry, I guess the site was offline for almost an hour ...
Now everything seems to be working again ...

It is now just about time to reinstall the box, as I wanted some time ago ...

so then ..
Have Fun ! :)

N.B.

Staff member
Not yet sure ...
it seems like just the powercord had some kind of defect and as I worked on a other box, the box got some kind of powerloss ....
Will tell you once I have found out the reason ...
the power cord is already replaced :)

no worries N.B. :)

Are you sure it wasent a problem with the power surge caused by the fridge of beer next to the server working overtime lol ;) :p :D

N.B.

Staff member
yeah ... god damn server !
Give me more beer ;)

I am sorry, I just had to unplug the server, needed another power source for the new fridge :D

lol @ N.B. i just knew it ...had the same problem only last week lol so i bought a new 3000watt 8 socket surge block to cope with the load lol :)

LOL...Stuff happens! :D

I have a mess here.Got all my computer/radio related gear on one wall in my back room.Talk about wires/connectors,power cables etc. :rolleyes: Have my PC connected to my stereo too,plus a radio scanner,and a ham radio receiver,and a second computer,dsl modem,router,etc.Have broken router cables,accidentally hit power switches off,etc.Need more room. :(

VIPER_1069 said:
@ woody we share the same interests :)

radio amateur/receivers :)
Cool...got one right next to the computer!Don't use it as much as I'd like.My router cabling knocks out parts of some bands.Looking at getting some shielded networking cable.expensive though. ;)