Lower priced CD's ?

we'll have to wait and see if they really do lower the prices, lol.

Music Industry to Lower Prices of CD's
Analysts are saying that in an attempt to fight back against Internet piracy of music, that they plan to lower prices of new CD's to under ten dollars. They have cited a failure to stop music trading so now they looking to lower prices for buyers.
Sales of music have been quite weak over the last year and industry experts believe it is due to the vast amounts of music available on-line. They cannot track the exact amount of music being traded due to non centralized servers being used.
But they do believe that lowering prices may help to bring people back to buying their music instead of downloading it from various services such as KazaA and the many other on-line trading services

M

Master

Agree Pokopiko,

my old Thorens TD320 with a Denon movingcoil pickup still sounds better than all the cd-players.

Yeah....I agree to.
I would pay a lot extra to get the music on vinyl instead of those syntethic cd`s.Good music should always be played on vinyl.

<<< Snoppen >>>

dx

Yaa, there was something magical about pulling out my "Pink Floyd: The Wall" LP and experiencing each side.

"We don't...POP, TICK...need no...TICK, POP...education."

Great fun ! :D

As far as CD prices dropping...YAA RIGHT, I'll believe it when I see it. Several years ago (in the USA) when CD's were still in those big paper cases, the record companies were pressured into stopping this wastefull process. In their "hey this was our idea" announcement, they claimed that the paper packaging cost them $2 for each CD and that they would pass this cost savings on to the consumer. Less than 6 months later, they RAISED CD prices instead of lower them.

I'm still looking for the $2 savings! :mad:

Last edited: