LOTR return of the king

Burn

Hi everyone. I’m new to all this but I’ve been backing up my DVD’s, with great results. So I thought I should start backing up my games, or give it a go at least. This is only so they stay in mint condition. I can use the backup and then the original won’t get scratched ECT. Anyway I bought clonecd (V 4.3.1.9) I was able to back up dungeon keeper 2 without to many problems. Then I tried to back up LOTR return of the king. The game copied ok, but when I tried to launch the game from the drive the game was copied from, an error comes up saying (Please eject and re-insert the CD-ROM, select OK and restart application) If I do that it just happens again. If I launch the game from my DVD drive it says (ROTK.exe has encountered a problem and need to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience) Does anyone have any ideas how to get it to work maybe point me in the right direction thanks for the help. :)

I now the protection on LOTR is safdisk2 and I'm not sure if clonecd supports this.

The drive that was used to make the backup is a
TDK DVDRW0404N Internal E-IDE/ATAPI
Write
4 X DVD+R
2.4 X DVD+RW
4 X DVD-R
2 X DVD-RW
16 X CD-R
10 XCD-RW
Read
12 XDVD-Rom
40 X CD-ROM

My other drive I have is a Compaq DVD-ROM DVD-116
I used three TDK CD RW to backup the game hope some of this helps you in helping me ;)

Last edited:
Make sure Hide CD-R option is ON. And i would recommend other software to burn safedisc. BlindWrite v5 or Alcohol 120%

Burn

R!Co said:
Make sure Hide CD-R option is ON. And i would recommend other software to burn safedisc. BlindWrite v5 or Alcohol 120%

Thanks for the help. I made sure the CD-R was on but no difference. I found a profile for Clonecd SafeDisc V2.8 but I needed V2.9 Anyway I had a look at BlindWrite 5, the new version, I tried it out and it worked like a dream. I even liked it so much a brought it. :D I’m thinking Alcohol 120% may be a good piece of software, to add to my collection as well. :D