long file names

butthead2003

Hello. I'm having a problem burning files with names that are up to 100 characters. I can't make the names smaller because they are legal doc names and can't be altered....long story :eek: Is there anything available for Win2k ? I'm using a Mitsumi CR-487ETE "backpack" external USB 2 burner. Free software would be great but I'll buy something if I have to.
Thanks,
Perplexed in Burlington. ;)

butthead2003 said:
I'm having a problem burning files with names that are up to 100 characters. ... Free software would be great but I'll buy something if I have to.
BAO = burnatonce (http://www.burnatonce.com)
quoted from BAO's helpfile
"ISO9660:1999: Allows 207 characters for folder/filenames and removes the limit upon how many levels deep the folders are are allowed to be. All ASCII characters (including lowercase) are currently allowed also."

Greetings from
Duracell

butthead2003

try try again

Thanks Duracell, I'm going to give this app a try. Appreciate the help, its turning into a real good education. And if I screw up a couple more CD's I'm off to Radioshack to buy clock kits and make xmas stocking stuffers for my family.
See ya :rolleyes:

Duracell said:
BAO = burnatonce (http://www.burnatonce.com)
quoted from BAO's helpfile
"ISO9660:1999: Allows 207 characters for folder/filenames and removes the limit upon how many levels deep the folders are are allowed to be. All ASCII characters (including lowercase) are currently allowed also."

Greetings from
Duracell

@butthead2003 ..when you go back to the store .. INVEST in a single 80 min CDRW :) this will save you loads of money in the long term use of practice burns :)

although there is one downfall lol .... IT MAY.... put you out of business for clock making! :p , but hey you cannot win them all :)

lol :)

butthead2003

long file names resolved

butthead2003 said:
Thanks Duracell, I'm going to give this app a try. Appreciate the help, its turning into a real good education. And if I screw up a couple more CD's I'm off to Radioshack to buy clock kits and make xmas stocking stuffers for my family.
See ya :rolleyes:
Well thanks for all the help. I was finally able to create the disk I needed (some file names were up to 150 characters) using "Burnatonce". Success is a beautiful thing and the help is appreciated. :)

Last time I had that problem, I took the easy way out - zipped the offending files!

I wonder, does WinXP show ZIPs on CD as direcrtories, and does Win2K do this trick anyway?

LTR12101B said:
I wonder, does WinXP show ZIPs on CD as direcrtories, and does Win2K do this trick anyway?
XP does, 2000 doesn't (needs a third party addon to do that). Of course there are certain filemanagers like Windows Commander which can move inside practically any archive without unpacking it.

scarecrow said:
Of course there are certain filemanagers like Windows Commander which can move inside practically any archive without unpacking it.
PowerDesk which has both free and shareware versions allows this too.