Lock On , I kinda give up

LoPSided

OK I admit it, i'm not really going to give up but i sure feel like it. Been trying for three weeks to make a 1:1 copy of LockOn (version 1.0.0.1). It uses SafeDisc 3.16.10.3. I'm not new to the CD copy game, been doing it for years. I've even managed to copy other SafeDisc 3.X.X titles with no problem.

I've tried my usual bag of tricks and software - Alcohol 120% (retail version - latest one), CloneCD v 4.3.2.2, Blind Write v 5.1.10.136. Tried variations in read/write speeds, different settings, etc...., all the usual stuff. I've got two drives - a Plextor PX-708A and a Plextor W4824. Didn't have any problem with the drives and a few other SafeDisc 3.x.x titles. I've read anything and everything on the net in so many forums i'm going blind from reading. I've registerd in so many forums just to read them that i think i'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome.

However, this one game - Lock On, Modern Air Combat (LOMAC for short), just will not copy. All I want is a backup copy and thats all I make any copies for, just personal backups.

So what gives with this game? Anyone got any suggestions?

Last edited: