LiteOn LWD-451 DVDRW Dual

mikengcm

Today, I bought a DVDRW :D and discovered that not the LWD-411S :( .
It is LWD-451S. Is it same config of them(411S=451S)??
Anyone can upgrade the 451S(4X) to 851S(8X) sucessfully??
I know the 411S can upgrade to 811S.....

Thanks a lot!

A few Google results (thanks to AFTERDAWN forum)

Thanks for contacting LiteOn Customer Service.

The difference between the 411S and 451S is that they have some different components. The 451S has
beter pick-up which makes the access time shorter the the 411S.

(so the 451 is a better drive than the 411)
But it doesn't like Ritek G03 - on the other hand, Ritek G04 dye seems to be a favoured diet of many drives.

From what I just read on yahoo doing a search "451S -> 851S" Yes. But I take it if no one gave you a link that maybe this is a closed subject? :confused: But I could be wrong. Let me also say I wouldn't recommend this.
Good luck.

Well, if it's anything like the 401 -> 411 (Liteon) or 1100a -> 1300a (NEC), it may be a case of "possible, but results EXTREMELY variable".

If you can't get a GOOD burn, then it ain't worth messing around trying to force a 4x drive to do 8x (for PART of the burn, on SOME media), or to make a +R drives use -R badly.

Triple H

LTR12101B said:
Well, if it's anything like the 401 -> 411 (Liteon) or 1100a -> 1300a (NEC), it may be a case of "possible, but results EXTREMELY variable".

If you can't get a GOOD burn, then it ain't worth messing around trying to force a 4x drive to do 8x (for PART of the burn, on SOME media), or to make a +R drives use -R badly.

There is a patcher availble which is completely easy to use and doesn't touch the EEPROM.. All the patcher does, is modifies the firmware file which you download from liteon, and removes the checker...

If you look around hard enough... You just might find it... I have used it and was completely successful....

I think there has only been 1 person complain about write quality since performing the upgrade...

Last edited: