LITEON JLMS XJ-HD166S RPC1 and speed patch

Hi to all The Dangerous Brothers have now released a hacked firmware for this drive with the following info.
This RPC1 and speed patch beta is based on firmware DS1C. The patches should allow 12X or 14X reading of -R, -RW, +R and +RW media, and the package also includes RPC1 versions.

source.The Dangerous Brothers

Note
This patch is still in beta stage. :eek:

Attachments

ChickenMan said:
Hmm... I wasnt aware the 166s was throttled back when it comes to DVDR reading. Will give it a try tommorrow.
I'll be waiting for your input before I try. :) So post back I'm sure I'm not the only one.

I tried all the fw's in the zip.....my 3 week old 166s was slower initialising -R, -RW, +R and +RW media and some discs it would refuse to even recognize...i've gone back to the official DS1C fw...

stevie_boz said:
I tried all the fw's in the zip.....my 3 week old 166s was slower initialising -R, -RW, +R and +RW media and some discs it would refuse to even recognize...i've gone back to the official DS1C fw...
Thanks for the feed back. :cool: I guess I'll wait for them to work the bugs out.

Laz

stevie_boz said:
Thx for the feedback Stevie!

I was just about to flash too. :eek: