Liteon 1213S - was it a good choice?

Today, I finally made up my mind (or what passes for one) and got a DVD Writer.

The SOHW-1213S, since it was only £4 dearer than the 812S

The one thing that does worry me, is that there seems to be a lot more firmware hacking for the 812S (speed adjust, strategy adjust, DL conversion) than there is for the 1213S - not sure if the Codeguys tweaker works on it?

I see there's a firmware update, so I guess I'll do that as soon as I install, before judging write quality.

I'd like to do an 8x on suitable 4x hack, as I can't get 8x (never mind 12x) at my local supplier, nor do I wish to pay the extra for 8x if you can cheat to a usable 8x result if you pick your 4x media well.

Hi m8

I have the 812S using the godeguys hacked 832s firmware, been writing some 4 x Datawrite disks at 6 and 8x without any problems, all the DVDplayers that i have tried the burnt disks in have played them without a hitch, just waiting for DL media to come down to a reasonable price now.

Below is a link to the disks that i have been using, i have used these guys for a good while now and have never had a problem with anything that i have purchased from them, give eme a try.

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog/FOR_DVD_R_RW_CLICK_HERE.html#a890[/URL]

:)

jake8131

I have both the 832s and the 1213s. Both work flawlessly with stock firmware upgrades. The only I did was to disable the lock for region code.