Kerio Firewall

beta series and releasd series 2

Windows 95 operating system is no longer supported due to discontinued support by its producer.

Kerio Personal Firewall beta's is for testing purposes only. Please send your comments and bug reports to kpf_bugs@kerio.com.
This address is NOT a technical support contact, we don't provide any technical support of beta versions.

enhanced packet filter - define unlimited number of protocols, services, address groups, time intervals, etc.
firewall can be configured by simply permitting or denying communication to applications - suitable for beginners and less experienced users who do not want to use the advanced packet filter
Intrusion Detection System - built on the IDS engine used in WinRoute 5.0
System Security - applications on the desktop protected against being rewritten, modified or misused by other applications, etc.
new status reports in the Advanced Admin - traffic chart, MS Networking status, etc.
many enhancements in performance and load on the memory, especially in the kernel part of the engine
completely re-vamped graphical user interface, simpler for less experienced users; advanced settings for experienced users available through the Advanced Admin.
Homepage

PS: You'll find this under beta downloads.:) and also Kerio WinRoute 5 Firewall beta can B found here.

Kerio3

Usually im the one who avoids betas,like my only betas on my pc were eac and cdex,and we all know that actually they are more stable then most {{{Retail versions}}}.....Im using Kerio since Zonealarm went from Top product---best firewall2.362 version to version3 which was and still is a disaster----Not recomended at all!!!!Last Kerio officiall version is 2.14--and is recomended 100%....Nice,small,free,stable,advanced features,easy to set rules.......-Perfect firewall for all envirioments!!!!I was being curius and installed newest beta and.......It blows away all other firewals commercialls or not.....I installed complet setup,and so far havent encountered any bug---on windows xp at least couse that os im using!!!Simply superb firewall....Kept all features from version2++++added some newones,also setting the rules got more advanced and easier,and gui is more then attractive!!!Simply,no pc should be without it if it have a internet connection--no matter dsl or 56k!!!!!!Go and install today---wont be dissapointed!!!!

dx

..... as it has for me (version 3-beta6).

Yep, this "beta" is very stable. Kerio has let it be known that there will be no standard release version 3. They are quite pleased with v3-beta6. Instead, they are proceeding with version 4, which will have some nice new features so we are told.

The best place to find advice and answers to your Kerio questions, is the (official) Kerio Yahoo! group..... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/keriofirewall/

plextorman said:
Oops,I think that`s the new beta I`ve just downloaded (4.0.0.2)!!!
Thanx anyway!
Oops again,the beta time`s ended.24 hours after I DL`ed it...Oh,well.I never even got the chance to use it.Ah,well time 2 move on...

The link i supplied is to the final 4.0.0.2 version(no beta) which is now shareware, but free for personal use minus a couple of (imho unnecessary) features. No espiration date. This release is not available from kerios web site yet. The one at kerio site is v 4 rc3. Of course if you want an older beta, google should provide :)

bionic said:
The link i supplied is to the final 4.0.0.2 version(no beta) which is now shareware, but free for personal use minus a couple of (imho unnecessary) features. No espiration date. This release is not available from kerios web site yet. The one at kerio site is v 4 rc3. Of course if you want an older beta, google should provide :)
Ok-thanx 4 the tip,bionic...