italian job - problems burning

i have got this image on hdd but cant get it to boot up when burned it is lybcrypt protection, i dont often copy many games but this is the first that has failed again and again with ccd

is there a way to extract the data with winiso and bypass the copy protection on a clone cd image ??

i dont remember what the read settings where when it was read
but i wrote on the default settings for libcrypt given by clony

any help would be appreciated

Mustard

Hi bud.Welcome to the forum!Your cdwriter must be able to read and write both subchannels to get a working backup.Proper settings are read subchannel from audio and data tracks.For write,don't correct subchannel data,and always close last session.So I'm not sure if your image is any good.

Cdrwin and a patch (if available)will work well.Here is a good site with tutorials for Cdrwin.It also describes how to patch using Ppf-o-matic.

h**p://www.geocities.com/psxcplist/

First things first, though..what kind of writer are you using?Clone cd is the easiest solution.

how can you be sure if the writer reads and writes sub channel ?

i think that it must be able to bcus i have copied some supposedly difficult games ie safedisk2 protection

the writer is WPI 8x4x32

i dont have the original disk to do another read from so if i cant do any thing with the image ive got its too bad

thanks

Okay your writer helps a lot.I'm pretty sure it is a rebadged Philips.They don't read subchannel,and only write 16 bytes subchannel data.Protected Psx are a no go with it.It can't write 96 bytes subchannel which is a MUST for Libcrypt protected games.Your writer is a good one for Safedisc 2 as you probably found out.Read below for a solution to the Libcrypt protection.It applies to your writer.Hope that helps.

I have a Freecom burner which is a rebadged Phillips 4801.
I have never been able to copy protected psx games using Cdrwin and the relevant patch - until now !

Thanks to Woody !!!!!

I use Cdrwin to create a bin file as usual, then apply the patch.
I then use Fireburner to write to cdr:-

Open Fireburner
Select "visual cue burner"
Drag your image.cue into the pane
Right click it and select "burn/testburn"
Select TAO - this is the important bit and the reason why cdrwin doesn't work (I think) cos it writes DAO.

If this has helped anyone else, some feedback please.

Thanks again Woody.:)