ISO Hard CD Wallet/Binder

maelek

like the kind that CDs come in when buy/rent an audio book.

It's white with a clear plastic sleeve on the outside so you could print a label.

I can't find a place that sells them..i think its because its called something specific that i can't figure out.

I keep finding cd wallets which are soft case rather than a hard case.

A helpful hand would be much appreciated

Could it be an Amaray style DVD case?
http://www.amaray.com/products_dvd_single.asp

It's not obvious there, but they have an outer plastic sleeve into which the cover is slipped, and may have booklet retaining clips inside the front face.

PS. The name "Amaray Case" seems to be used for them, like "Hoover" is for vacuum cleaners.

You also find Doubles (fasten a disc inside both faces) and Slimline (half the thickness, but if your cover designer doesn't support that size, you have to do it the hard way)

maelek

hehe..no that is not what i am talking about...that IS jsut a DVD case

the thing i am looking for is essentially a CD/DVD wallet with a small metal binder inside that u can unclip to put in a single cd/dvd sleeve (2 sides so one CD on each side)...but it is different from a simple binder in that it has plastic lip on the inside of the front and back that when closed fit into one another and keep the binder front and back parallel to one another rather than regular binders.

if you are ever at a bookstore or library u can look at the audiobooks on CD to see exactly what i am talking about.

this type of case will allow me to put individual books on CD in their own case that I can make a cover for .... rather than using soft CD wallets that don't afford sturdy protection or the ability to label the outside. in addition the hard cases stack well on a shelf upright..

Some books on CD can be upwards of 30 CDs

Here is a picture of one that unfortunately doesnt show you the complete inside where the cd sleeves are located

http://www.procaresystems.com/headache_tapes_binder_200x235_duo_shadow.jpg

here is another type (this one doesnt havethe metal binder ... it has plactic parts

http://www.dvd-duplication-replication-manufacturing.com/ProductShots/large/cd-multi-powerpcomp.jpg

i hope that helps you get the idea

maelek

Viper....that looks just like a simple binder...it doesnt ahve the "lip" on the inside of the front and back which interlock when u close the binder...this is required for the binder to be the same thickness on the left (side with the binder rings) and on the right (side that opens)

can u insert a picture on this site?

i can take a picture of one of the cd binders that i have..up close so u can see it better

Last edited:
yes choose "GO advanced" mode in the reply box and choose attach then attacg the image as a jpg if you can they are a smaller size in k than bmp :)

if the image appears too big when previewing before upload please try resize then upload it means less loading time for dialup users thanks :)

maelek

not really what I am looking for...some of the books on CD i have are up to 23 discs.

I need it to be a true binder in the sense that i have the ablitity to add as many cd sleeves as necessary and the internal space to hold that many sleeves.

thanks for looking everyone

Closest we've come is open-edge binders, and hard case wallets.

Surely these things aren't custom made every time?

They look like a cross between a binder, and the way some old computer stuff (cassetes) was packaged