Is there a way to backup Dreamcast games or not?

I searched the forum here but the opinions are very different on this topic. As far as i understood someone stated he would be successfull with Discjuggler (original backup or just an iso from the net?) Somone else stated it is impossible because of the GD Rom. Now please help me and tell me an exact statement on this´. Is there any advance making backups or is the megagames link for DC backups up to date.

Thank you

Copy Gd-Rom is possible but you have to buy a dc serial link cable; with this cable you can copy on your pc the Gd-Rom contents but after this you have to work a bit to a make working backup copy... 1:1 copy is impossible. I have copied a pair of game and i can assure you that Gd-Rom copy is possible.

ok i know a fair bit bout DCast and this is what i posted on another forum so to save time i brought it here and pasted it as its a long article !!!:D

this is by me viper_1069

.....from owning a DC and reading a lot about them its possible to rip DC games with a pre-made/self made serial data lead ! but heres the but......

1.) u need an upload boot disk that makes it all possible thats not a prob search for one and download an burn it !

2.) u need a lot of hard disk space bout 2 - 4 gig is ample (not a prob with latest hd sizes !!!)

3.) this is the best part .........
it takes around 24 hrs or more to upload the disk in its entire format ! so hope u got plenty of time and or a spare pc because yours will be busy for a while ! lol

4) once ripped the data is too big to fit on a normal 74 - 99 min cd

5) prepare and find out how to butcher the image file data to get it to fit !! ( a little knowledge of what yer doing here may help judgement lol ) but music cut scenes and intros/outros are usually missed out!

6) butcher it to fit !

7) figure out how to build a DC game they are CD EXTRA (thats a start)

8) figure out that that dont work if u burn it because ya now need to know how to hack the readme_1st bin and the boot bin or get one made already (clue search the net here)

9) learn how to assemble all the above to an image file or burn program !

10) finally burn the game and play may not work 1st time =( trash loads more disks trying =(as DC dont read CDRW =( till ya get it right!!!

11) NOT BOTHER WITH THE ABOVE buy the game and keep the industry alive well the games developers developing lol =)

12) Find some one else that can do the above for ya ! save u the effort and headache and disk cost trying!

13) leech the games from a friendly FTP or sharing client or HTTP site !

14) Copy em of someone elses copy !!=)

15) erm there is no 15 thats the end u can stop reading now lmao !!=)

hope this clears up some matters here regarding DC duplication =)