Is Clonecd back in business?

streetwise

I haven't used Clonecd since they stopped making new versions coz Germany had passed some law or the other? So are Clonecd back in business? If so what made them change their minds?

Laz

They are now owned by what I would term a "shopfront" called SlySoft who are based in sunny Antiuga and don't have any restrictive backup laws as we do in Europe. :)

Used CloneCD, Liked it a lot & Registered it way ............................................... back in May 2000. Kept the program up to date with the updates and never had a problem with it.

But when 'Elby' stopped doing business and 'Slysoft' started I found my previously officially bought and paid for registration code no longer worked for the updates.

Have since moved to Alcohol 120 but only the trial version - since I can see the same thing happening again, but still use CloneCD (old and registered version) for some things and it does everything I have thrown at it so far.

Bu t each to their own. :) ;)

Laz

Yep, Alcohol is sure the way with protected discs and Blindwrite good too.

All I use Clone for these days is what it's always been great for, a good and quick, simple Disc2Disc copier. Can't be beat for that IMHO, way quicker than Alcohol or similar if you are doing a batch of 20 discs. :)

Laz said:
Yep, Alcohol is sure the way with protected discs and Blindwrite good too.

All I use Clone for these days is what it's always been great for, a good and quick, simple Disc2Disc copier. Can't be beat for that IMHO, way quicker than Alcohol or similar if you are doing a batch of 20 discs. :)
Wrong (basically). If you have many burners Alcohol is much faster, as it supports multiple burners simultaneously, while Clone only one.

Laz

scarecrow said:
Wrong (basically). If you have many burners Alcohol is much faster, as it supports multiple burners simultaneously, while Clone only one.
Erm, did I mention using multiple burners? :p :D