Internet Explorer 7 - Final

Have it installed but only for the security updates it supposedly provides, since installin it i now have CTFMON.exe wantin to run all the time & set itself to run at startup :rolleyes:

Personally i will stick with Opera as it does tabs much better (ie it doesnt say connectin for a couple o secs then show a help page about tabs sayin "You have opened a new tab" lol, i know that cause i clicked the new tab button.

Also i see the clear cache etc is a all at once or one at a time affair :rolleyes:

It bee what 5 or so years since the last major version of IE ^ it still lags waaaaay behind the competition.

BaNzI :D

Is anyone else experiencin crahes when typin more than two letters into the IE7 search bar\box?

no matter what search engin is used, i can type one letter even two letters but as soon as i type a third letter i get the iedw.exe crash app runnin & the IE window wont close (despite the box sayin IE has encountered a prob & needs to close) I have to close it by clickin the close button?

Think i might just uninstall it & go back to usin processguard to control IE when startin :(

Shutting Down

Hi all,

I have the craziest symptom on my copy of IE7. If I use tab browsing click a link and another tab opens so far so good.

As soon as I try to switch between the tabs IE shuts down no error displayed.

Same problem with tab browsing turned of trying to switch between linked windows closing one or more emanating from the original window everything closes again no error displayed can't find anything on this maybe some one else has come across it.

Thanks Poco81

Seems they released IE7 full of bugs (no suprises lol)

I solved my search crash prob with the help of some folk on the IE7 newsgroup, turns out as well as runnin cftmon.exe constantly IE7 needs the indexin service installed for the search box to work properly (who knows why)

Thankfully i only use IE for windowsupdates & use a proper browser OPERA for all surfin :)

BaNzi :D

banzibaby said:
use a proper browser OPERA for all surfin :)

BaNzi :D
hear hear with you on that mate .... long live OPERA :D

or even FIREFOX for those who like that too :)

IE SUCKS :mad: and its as simple as that ... whatever flavour it comes in!!!

Have used Opera for over 3 years now & would never change to anythin else, it quicker, easy to customize & does everythin i need :)

FF is kept for sites that dont work in Opera & as a backup browser, it would have been my main one but it too slow (even tweaked)