Instant Copy - New Version 8.0.3.320

Dav88

Pinnacle InstantCopy Audio Downsampling

Found bit of info at Doom9 forum:

To enable the hidden audio downsampling feature, create a DWORD value

named "AdvancedAudio" (without the quotes)in registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VOB\7.0\Copy and set it to 1. Now

5.1/6.1 AC3 audio can be downsampled to 192 kbps "AC3 Virtual", selectable

in audio settings in custom resize dialog.

Laz

Or just use DVD Shrink 3.2 to take half the time of IC8, produce an equal or better pic quality and get the filesize 100% correct all of the time and most important a proper DVD stucture most unlike IC8. :D

If you've not yet tried 3.2 give it a whirl, don't think you will use IC8 again after trying but each to their own of course. :)

Dav88

I agree. DVDShrink is a great program. It would be nice if DVDShrink could downsize the audio but I don`t know if I would use that option very much.

Thanks,
David

ghostraider

Dav88 said:
Found bit of info at Doom9 forum:

To enable the hidden audio downsampling feature, create a DWORD value

named "AdvancedAudio" (without the quotes)in registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VOB\7.0\Copy and set it to 1. Now

5.1/6.1 AC3 audio can be downsampled to 192 kbps "AC3 Virtual", selectable

in audio settings in custom resize dialog.
Get this fehler
What do make I wrong

Attachments

misterthing

DVD Shrink?

Does DVD Shrink 3.2 let me deselect movie promos and comments by the director's mother-in-law, while still keeping the menu structure intact? ;)

Laz said:
Or just use DVD Shrink 3.2 to take half the time of IC8, produce an equal or better pic quality and get the filesize 100% correct all of the time and most important a proper DVD stucture most unlike IC8. :D

If you've not yet tried 3.2 give it a whirl, don't think you will use IC8 again after trying but each to their own of course. :)

Laz said:

DVD Shrink is a goot tool , i use it to re-author to another HD folder (regardless of size)
But will always use IC to transcode , dvd shrink is not equal nor better for quality, Fact.

spider said:
dvd shrink is not equal nor better for quality, Fact.
This is true, but "the other way around" (eg recoding by DVD Recode) does produce better results than InstantCopy, and that in less time (it depends on the number of passes you are using).

Laz

spider said:
dvd shrink is not equal nor better for quality, Fact.
How so?

I don't think you will get one single person who worked on the DVD Shrink beta test team who would agree with that at all. From testing on countless DVD's I know 101% that 3.2 is more than a match and produces better results than IC8 on many films. On certain titles, LOTR ROTK for instance, the results produced by DVD Shrink 3.2 are even slightly better than a 3 pass using DVD-RB/CCE combo and there was not one of us on that team who disagreed with that opinion. ;)

What scarecrow means I think is by using a 1 pass VBR encode using DVD-RB + CCE.

If I worked on the program, then I would probably say the same !!!
But I am a honest person who uses both programs, the DVD Shrink beta test team can say what they like.
I respect your opinion, but IC is still better quality for me !

Rob-

The hiddensettings in IC8 are now called powertoys .
You can do the same with it ,as with they hs143 from the madguy.

Also you can set the output files to vobs in a VIDEO_TS map if you want.
So you dont have to do pdifiles anymore.

You must update IC8 to the latest .
Change two things in the registry.

1 Go to registry
*then to hkey current user\software\vob\cd wizard\8.0\copy
*then go to DvdAltoutput and set this to true.

2 in the same page go to powertools set it also on true.

Okay thats that

Now start Ic8
The first page you see is a right and left go to the dvd tab in the bottom
Go to advanced settings .
Do Strg+shift+f12
okay you now you have an extra tab of powertools its in the same tab where you can find subs ectect.
Here you can change your settings (powertools)

If your ready to do your movie
Select in the right tab harddrive(where you put your dvd to) ,right click you see 2 things select destinationmap .
The output is know set for ifo's bups and vobs .
make a video_ts output map and store your files there

Thats al

Hope its helpful for you

Sodeysay

Rob I went through most of your steps but can you tell me where on the keyboard is (strg) in "Do Strg+shift+f12"

Newbee

Thanks