image device

I hope someone can help me I have a small digital camera i can use as a webcam when i instal the drivers & setup program everythings fine but when opening the webcam application i get an error telling me no hardware is detected even thouhg its all connected how do i add image device to my device manager list. Also if I have a bin/cue files on my computer i will have an icon for the bin file but only a default for the cue file how can i change it so its more easily recognisable as a cue file.

XP isn't my specialty (I use Win98)...

Does the TRANSFER mode of the camera work correctly for stored pictures?
Is there a seperate setting on the camera for Webcam mode, or is it part of transfer mode.

On the BIN/CUE issue, if it's anything like my system, BIN is reconised as the filetype of an AVG Antivirus Update, and CUE are undefined.

Not sure if making CUE "always open with" a compatible Writer program will assign the writer program Icon to it, or if any of the common writer programs will actually accept a CUE in this way.

YES, It works for Nero 5.5 on Win98 - can't say I like the Icon much though!

If WinXP has a similar function to "Folder Properties - File Types", you may also be able to name and give an Icon to the type from there, or change one that was set by the previous method.
(TAKE CARE - You could leave yourself with a nasty headache poking around in there!)