I KNOW NADA BOUT LINUX but this is useful NEWS....

IBM is leading a group of vendors that has set up a $1m to promote LINUX to financial companies in the City of LONDON (england/uk)
The centre, at IBM'S headquarters on LONDONS South Bank, will demonstrate open-source solutions for financial applications such as Risk and Pricing.

The LINUX centre, where BANKS and INSURERS can learn about the free and open-source LINUX operating system, which competes with MICROSOFT'S windows (no contest there then lol :) )and Sun's Solaris, and this is centre is also supported by LINUX service provider RED HAT, chipmaker INTEL , applications maker ORACLE, media software producer REAL NETWORKS and storage management software maker VERITAS.

Source ZDNET news :)

won't help much. everybody in the UK uses macintosh. the British are crazy aboút the macs. they won't switch to linux

I am suprised at them putting it in London all our Banks, Insurance companies and jobs are now going to India why pay £5, £6, or £7 per hour, when they can get the job done for £4 per week, and our government is so pathetic it lets them do it.

Well, in using MacOSX, the might use the BSD-kernel.

And believe it or not, IBM has become a benefactor. Free systems and so on. If u believe this one, I can tell even other stuff.

IBM + linux = linux + death