How to Optimize Hard drive speed for Video capture??????

Hi folks...I have a Maxtor 40GB 5400RPM ata/100 drive and a Maxtor Diamond Max 60GB ata/100 drive..I had my 40GB drive set up as my Slave drive for video capture and it worked Great and didn"t drop frames but it is too small to capture Analog video so I took my Faster 60GB Drive and made it my Slave drive for Video capture, But now Useing that 60gb newer and faster drive I drop frames like crazy while captureing, and I don"t know why..I have them both De-fragmented and I have DMA Enabled but It still drops frames Like crazy..So My Question is..Is there a way or a piece of software that will optimize my drive so I can capture Video without Dropping frames??? Thanx

PS: My system is a 1.7GHZ Intel...

There is an old rule of thumb that you just played out. It said to always use your fastest drive as the master on an IDE chain and the slower as the slave. The saying goes the Chain is as only as fast as the master drive. Now I never really believed in that crap but...You also have the software and OS running from the slower drive now.
So grab Partition magic re-partition your smaller drive. Set it to be the slave drive and put your larger drive back as the master. It worked good like that before. Why did you break it? :D

Is the other drive busying-out the channel? has anything changed OTHER than a direct swapover of two ATA/100 drives on the same channel?

Are there controls you can apply to the drive (with a software tool) and had they been applied to one drive?

All I did was a Swap over of the drives and re-formated the Bigger drive to get rid of all the files on it..But I seem to sort of solved my problem by useing a different Codec to Capture with instead of useing HuffyuV so I aint dropping frames anymore and the files are smaller, so I guess in a Around about way I fixed it but it isn"t the best solution but for now I"ll live with it till I get a Fast ata/133 drive...Thanx for you responces...