How to keep pc 24/7 connected to net

As the topic says;
My pc is on 24/7 and sometimes i see that internet connection got disconected-while i was sleeping..
How to prevent this and keep it on 24/7??:)

Duracell said:
RAS connection or ethernet+router?

Greetings from
Duracell

YEP ROUTER is the way to go :)

They are cheap enough plus they have the added bonus of hardware firewalling as a first defence :)

couldnt live without mine now :)

good thing is too my machine does not even have to be on to have net access to the other machine upstairs :)

Im on a dsl,its 1 pc only so i dont need a router really,i before had it and know to set it but is it some easyer way??
Only thing why i do that is couse i want my torrent aplication to work 24/7 as all my sites have a ratio:eek:

i'm not sure about the english terms, but open the properties of your RAS connection > options:
idle time till disconnect = never (disconnect)
dial again if disconnected = enabled

almost all ADSL providers here in Germany using a 24h compulsion disconnect, you can't prevent;

usually with dsl it kicks you after about 72 hrs in the uk ... and 24 in duracells case :(

you could set it to auto connect when the line drops im sure there will be a tool for adsl i had one for dialup modem but i never needed look for one with adsl to use ... as i always re-connected it myself after 3 days anyhow :)

my router takes care of the connection and re-connection automatically now so no need to even have this machine on at all for access via the other machine which is good when it comes to maintaining or rebooting mine :)

sure you dont really need a router for 1 pc but they do reconnect themselves once set with no messing around :) also like i said above it adds an extra layer of protection with the hardware firewall built in to the router which is always a good idea :)

you also have the option to add an extra machine at a later date :)

I find extra net ports a bonus when mates need their computers fixing i dont have to disconnect mine to use the net on theirs messing around installing adsl modem drivers and installing the modem on theirs then plugging it all back in on mine when ive finished ...now i just hook in with a spare ethernet cable and its connected to the net instantly :)