How to burn / use - PSX Boot Disc

I have a found PSX Boot Disc .bin which I burnt using CDRWin, but when I put it into the PSX it just brings up the PSX Music screen and identifies one music track which when played is all distortion. It doesn't load the Boot Program.

I assume there is a 'proper' way to burn the image to begin with - can anyone help?

RAW mode perhaps, or a different burning program, someone hinted that DiscJuggler may be more appropriate ?????

Also, and this probably the problem, I could not load the .cue sheet that came with the .bin file so I just 'Loaded Tracks' and pointed at the .bin file. Error was

'Invalid CUE SHEET command at line 1 unable to find or open file'

Last edited:
Thanks. Fixed the .cue. CDRWin recognised and burnt OK.

The Boot Disc still doesn't work though.

Tried with RAW ticked, Error 'Start DAO Recording failed ... unable to set disc parameters'

Tried DiscJuggler with Mode 1, 2352, CD-Rom, Add Post-Gap selected and still no luck.

Questions - PSX can read Audio CD's copied to CD-R fine. If you need a mod-chip to read game CD-R's, how is a Boot Disc going to be read ? Is the Boot Disc program an Audio track? With DC Boot Disc (.cdi) image DiscJuggler sets Audio, 2352, CD-DA. Should I be trying these settings with the .bin image?

Can I use an 80min CD-r for the Boot Disc?

This is getting frustrating, but I'm determined to get it !!!

If it's the real deal it can't be copyed.When the original is coped it's a copy and needs a chip to be played and unless you can press your own discs you might as well get a chip or just buy it.

Don't bother, I have tried every which way and it doesn't work. It seems you do need the original pressed CD or a mod chip.