How to backup xbox game

patandrose

:confused:

I have read so many things about how to backup xbox games, I dont know where to begin. I downloaded Nero 6.0 and then read something about craxtion and tried to download some stuff there but am not sure what I was suppose to download exactly or where to put it when I got it. Then theres something about a modchip and iso's. I'm hoping someone doesnt mind to take the time to explain everything from beginning to end. I know thats alot hope someone can help me. I dont have a DVD burner, is that necessary? or can I do it on just a cd burner.

patandrose said:
:confused:

I have read so many things about how to backup xbox games, I dont know where to begin. I downloaded Nero 6.0 and then read something about craxtion and tried to download some stuff there but am not sure what I was suppose to download exactly or where to put it when I got it. Then theres something about a modchip and iso's. I'm hoping someone doesnt mind to take the time to explain everything from beginning to end. I know thats alot hope someone can help me. I dont have a DVD burner, is that necessary? or can I do it on just a cd burner.
1 - get your Xbox modded (many modchips available)
2 - Connect up your Xbox to your PC via network card
3 - Install EvolutionX (latest build - v3935)
4 - FTP from your PC to your Xbox
5 - When you are able to connect machines, it is just a case of FTP'ing the files from the Xbox "D:\" drive to an area on your PC, then use software like Xiso,SimpleX iso or Craxtion to build an iso image of the files, then burn to CD-RW or DVD media.

The above will require a little bit of reading up on. There should be tutorials/explanations on this site, or on my site, or on xbox-scene.com

Re the DVD burner issue, you will only be able to back up those Xbox games that will fit on CD-RW media. Dont use CD-R as the Xbox DVD-Rom doesn't seem to want to read them :(

You could also invest in an Xbox HDD upgrade and then store backups of your originals on the Xbox HDD.

Devistator

Your Links Are Down

JUST A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW THE LINKS YOU POSTED ARE NOT WORKING AND NOW I AM SEARCHING EVERYWHERE AND CANT FIND ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS CORRECTLY :mad:

Scooterpig

Devistator said:
JUST A QUICK NOTE TO LET YOU KNOW THE LINKS YOU POSTED ARE NOT WORKING AND NOW I AM SEARCHING EVERYWHERE AND CANT FIND ANYONE WHO KNOWS HOW TO DO THIS CORRECTLY :mad:
Typing in capitals is considered YELLING and not very polite unless of course you are intentionally yelling at a Super Moderator!

As for the links it's only the 3rd one that doesn't link up correctly and that was to the Search button, which if you look up above you will see quite easily.

As for tutes they are here and a little reading doesn't go astray before you get up on your high horse and demand.

Devistator

Welcome to the Forum :D

Why not introduce yourself http://www.dvdrbase.com/forumdisplay.php?f=141

& tell your fellow members about yourself.

Please read the rules

And please use the search button http://www.dvdrbase.com/search.php?

Your problem may have cropped up before.

Finally a tip re viewing the Forums

When you are in a particular forum if you cant see what you want use
the display options box at the bottom of the page to view more threads.
:D

PS Please do not use capitals we are not deaf!!!