how to back up 11 disc

bmw3

Hi i have 11 half hour disc i want to back up can anyone tell me how i put more than 1 h/h disc onto one disc ? the programs i have are shrink,nero7 and dvd decrypter.
Itried placing 2 of them into decrypter at the same time put could not work out how to do it can anyone give me a guide on what i need to do.
Thankyou all for any advice you can give me.

If you dont need menus you can use shrink in reauthor mode.
Just use the dvd browser, browse for your ripped VIDEO_TS folders and add the titles you want.

If you want menus id use dvdlab for authoring.
I tend to use pgcdemux for demuxing but decrypter works also.
Rip and demux then reauthor with dvdlab, dvdlab supports opening vobs so you may even skip the demuxing part, but i dont use that feature enough to advice on it.

:)

Last edited:

bmw3

If you dont need menus you can use shrink in reauthor mode.
Just use the dvd browser, browse for your ripped VIDEO_TS folders and add the titles you want.

If you want menus id use dvdlab for authoring.
I tend to use pgcdemux for demuxing but decrypter works also.
Rip and demux then reauthor with dvdlab, dvdlab supports opening vobs so you may even skip the demuxing part, but i dont use that feature enough to advice on it.

:)
Hi thankyou for your reply i did as you stated and used reautheror mode everything whent fine untill the end when i got a message that the burn had failed,when i looked at the log the only trouble i could see was this
"the lead out could not be written"
i then tried the disc and it played fine on my pc and dvd player what does this message mean ?.
I put 5 h/h films onto the disc was this to much ?.
I have another 6 which i was going to put on another disc will this be o/k ?.
How do i stop the above message or does it not matter ?.
Thankyou again for any more advice you can give me.

Reg the lead out error, could be a few things.
Media too small(by a very little margin) bad combination of burner(firmware) and media, to high burn speed or simply nero.
If shrink is in automatic compression mode it should take care of the final dvd size, so i doubt its that.

First id try reducing the burn speed and then possibly author another dvd with compression settings a bit tighter.

Get a copy of cdspeed and do a quality scan @8x of the burnt disc/s.
High error rates at the outer rim of the disc usually indicates either to high speed for the media or low quality media(or bad burner/firmware/media combination)

Also if i may suggest, dont use nero get a copy of imgburn and learn to use it :)

If 5 h/h episodes are too much.. only you can tell really.
Personally i seldom add more than 2 hours per disc, but if your happy with the final quality then go ahead.

Last edited: