HOW TO ..... ADD anything to the RIGHT CLICK ...SEND TO option :)

Wanna add anything to your right click SEND TO options !?

Someone asking about .NFO files inspired me to write a little guide for the SEND TO options of right click:)

I added a SEND TO item to my RIGHT CLICK of NOTEPAD and WORDPAD to view .NFO files :)

Spose you could add any wordprocessor of choice to it whatever you prefer :)

To add anything to send to find its folder usually default of C:\WINDOWS its a just a folder called SEND TO so is easy to spot :)

If you cannot find it use the FIND FILES option under the start menu and search all files/folders for the word SEND and this should find it for you :)

Once located open this folder and just add a shortcut to your favorite choice of wordprocessor/application and check with a right click to see if its added there :)

From now on when you need to view or use something right click on it and choose to send it to whatever :)

Any application can be added to this send to option :)

A good one to add is a paint program such as PAINT SHOP PRO for a quick access to images :)

enjoy :)

Nice tip. Just in case members have a problem finding it XP.
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\SendTo

PC-GUY said:
Nice tip. Just in case members have a problem finding it XP.
C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\SendTo

thanks for the additional WINDOWS XP info there PC-GUY :D

not really up on XP at the moment untill i go for my next HD upgrade lol soon hopefully :)

@DENEXO ...bit of a long winded way of doing the same thing i wrote about ?!? :confused: but interesting never the less :)

Although Seems a bit odd to make a send to IE or netscape too ?! if htmls are associated with IE or netscape a double left click with open them in either !? :confused:

note any beginners ...I would strongly advise against registery hacks if you are not fully confident :)

Alternatively it's possible to add something to the right-click menu just for specific file types. This little program makes that really easy.

Attachments

IMO, easiest way is Start - Run - sendto cause "Send to" folder is hidden by default :D

And, it works on all Windows versions, 95 - XP (dont know about Longhorne)

;)

Last edited:
@jasmin nice tip there bud to add to the above as a speedier way of getting to the SEND TO folder :)

For those who feel more of a challenge use the find files tip :)

If anything you will gain experience of how to use FIND files for future reference :)

Insomniack

A very handy application for a right click menu is OPEN EXPERT, a freeware program.

You can configure as many programs as you like in it, so all you have to do is right-click, Open With, and select application. Very handy.

I Dont SeeThe Point...

If Your Using WINDOWS XP PRO.. View All Files In Folder Option's..
The Go To Your Folder And In To The Send To Folder... Add What You Want..

Oh.. Yeah Windows 2000 Yes Brilliant For That..

Ciao