How do I connect a 2nd graphics card

:confused: My main graphics card is a geforce2 MX400 64mb without tv out. I want to connect a SIS6326 8mb with tv out so I can transfer DVD to my video recorder (I know how to defeat the copy protection).

My problem is I only have 1 monitor so I need a way to fool the pc to allow to to use this card.

Is there a way??????????????:eek: :eek:

i would guess that you just connect your t.v. output of the other card to the composite input of you t.v. set and boot up the computer this will detect the av signal and set up for a dual display one on the monitor one on the t.v. !? altho you may have to change screen resolution to something like 800x600 on the computer to allow the t.v. output of the graphics card to display a picture on the t.v. :)

For what you´re trying to do it would work better if you buy a hardware decoder with tv output, Hollywood+ is a great card and you should be able to find one online for less than $50us with this you won´t have to deal with the settings of your card to have a proper image on tv signals.

If you aren´t able to do this then what VIPER_1069 told you is the way to do what you want all you need is to have win98se or above.

Thanx viper_1069 for the info. I tried exactly what you said but all I get is an error message saying the device could not start. When I check the 2nd graphics card in device manager its got a yellow circle with an exclamation mark in it.:confused: :confused:

Have U tried downloadin the latest drivers 4 the SiS card?

I know from experience that those older SiS cards come with a lot of different models drivers on the CD

Hope It Helps:)

BaNzI:D

yellow '!' usually signifys a irq conflict ..meaning you have 2 devices sharing the same IRQ slot !? :( you may have to change the slots around with yer other pci devices to get the 2nd card to work :)

under device manager choose properties of the problem card and look at where it says resources in the tabs scroll down after selecting that tab and make a note of the "interupt request" information and check other stuff in device manager until you find the one that has the same irq setting and try different options of changing the irq to something different to try and resolve the conflict :)

I never used a SIS card for two monitor set, a friend of mine says that this cards suck for this porpouse, you could try looking for an ATI or a Trident chip card, I have used these cards with very good results and the ATIs I used support IRQ sharing.