hmmmmmm stuck where to put this !? may move it later lol :)

Hey all those d.j's and oldies out there will love this :)

talk about a NOSTALGIA :D

RETRO VINYL CD'S :D

are we going backwards in going forwards !?

have a look at these :)

they cost more ..but are damn cool :)

about £10 for 5 but you pay for what you get and its cool looking too :)

anyhow heres some pics :)

Well they sure look cool :)

Do they work or is it a gimmick??? Seems 2 be a upsurge in replica cd's that look like vinyl, i know they rereleased the zeppelin cd in mini lp covers with all the extras they originally came with:p

BaNzI:D

BAHHH!! They`re no substitute for the real thing..CD`s are OK, but vinyl recordings have always had more atmosphere,more character,etc.I should know- I`ve been collectin` vinyl for 30 years....

heheh @ banzi they are just printed designs on the back of the cd bud :)

they work just like any other ;)

@plextorman they sure look good and im sure using easy cd cremator and cheap lo bit mp3's with audio creatorion you could get that realistic naff sound when the vinyl gets scratched lol ;)

VIPER_1069 said:
heheh @ banzi they are just printed designs on the back of the cd bud :)

they work just like any other ;)

@plextorman they sure look good and im sure using easy cd cremator and cheap lo bit mp3's with audio creatorion you could get that realistic naff sound when the vinyl gets scratched lol ;)
@VIPER_1069 ROTFL (x100)-But seriously,nothing gets scratched if you look after it correctly,though the sound does change over time.Every time a diamond stylus comes into contact with vinyl,it 'recuts' it.(More so with styrene records and acetates.).The modern club djs have finally got the message though...:)..they`re using it again! The CD is a brilliant technology,but the sound is toooooo clean...

@plextorman how long before a big name in the audio equipment world figures that with little effort you could add DIGITAL HISS with the output of the cd lol :D

or the other alternative is just dump all yer VINYL to cd along with the pops and crackles and hey presto erm badly duped VINYL erm cds lol !!

No wait i just thought of another badly dupe a 'cactus sheild audio disk' ....INSTANT GAPS AND POPS lmao :)

erm this is getting a bit nuts now oh well beats the Bordom lol :D

http://digitaldolphin.netfirms.com/VerbatimDigitalVinylCD-R/VerbatimDigitalVinylCD-RPage1.html
A review of Verbatim Vinyl ( see also - http://digitaldolphin.netfirms.com/E3WorksDigitalVinylCD-R/E3WorksDigitalVinylCD-RPage1.html - E3works vinyl)

The E3 works rate better, but this may be a drive preference issue.

One thing is certain - that fancy surface is VERY bad for high speed.

Look great, but burn/run slower than most modern media and cost a lot more. Now if only they produced vinyl effect LABELS ... - I wonder... grab the picture off the review, and print it as a label ... instant poor man's vinyl CD?

LTR12101B said:
I wonder... grab the picture off the review, and print it as a label ... instant poor man's vinyl CD?
lmao maby would look better if it was printed direct to the disk and not to a label :)

It's no secret that with the right (=expensive to EXTREMELY expensive) equipment (analog) vinyl sounds better than (digital) CD.
IMO a minimum sum for a right vinyl turntable+cartridge+RIAA preamp that can give CD a good run is $ 1,000. On exotic hi-end systems, vinyl isclearly superior to CD.

VIPER_1069 said:
@plextorman how long before a big name in the audio equipment world figures that with little effort you could add DIGITAL HISS with the output of the cd lol :D

or the other alternative is just dump all yer VINYL to cd along with the pops and crackles and hey presto erm badly duped VINYL erm cds lol !!

No wait i just thought of another badly dupe a 'cactus sheild audio disk' ....INSTANT GAPS AND POPS lmao :)

erm this is getting a bit nuts now oh well beats the Bordom lol :D
@VIPER_1069 :) :) Yes,you`re right-this is getting a bit nuts,and it does beat the boredom,lol lol.But if you can`t have a bit of fun what`s the world coming to...?

yeah but ...... ya have to admit THEY DO LOOK NICE (vinyl cdrs) eh scarecrow lol

even if nobody buys any THEY DO LOOK NICE hehehe :)

if ya put em in a big old fashioned retro looking jukebox player it would be a cool thang to have lol :)

and they are expensive too lol :)

scarecrow said:
It's no secret that with the right (=expensive to EXTREMELY expensive) equipment (analog) vinyl sounds better than (digital) CD.
IMO a minimum sum for a right vinyl turntable+cartridge+RIAA preamp that can give CD a good run is $ 1,000. On exotic hi-end systems, vinyl isclearly superior to CD.
@scarecrow I fully agree.Even on mid-range analog systems,if set up correctly,can produce an acceptable sound.But there`s just something about vinyl...You have to love it...:)

I´ve been working with digital for the las t couple of years in my studio and even it is a great system nothing can compare to analog devices, tapes and vinyl have a great headroom in their sound wich digital can´t produce and vynil is even better because it doesn´t have a constant noise, even in today productions analog preamps and tape recorders are used to add warm to the recordings.

plextorman said:
@scarecrow I fully agree.Even on mid-range analog systems,if set up correctly,can produce an acceptable sound.But there`s just something about vinyl...You have to love it...:)
i want to "quote" all posts here!
yes to all!

i have lots of vinyls(seems news,no fingerprints,dust or "risks"), cds and mp3!
collectin` vinyl for more than 42 years!
(Akai direct drive turntable AP-A2C with original cartridge and
Akai stereo receiver AA-A3s only to listen my vinyls...pretty news)

VIPER_1069,
you forgot the "digital rumble"!
:p

if i find some of this "RETRO VINYL CD'S" in Brasil... i want it!
:cool: