help

spikes7

well i read the thread "How to convert your DivX/AVI to DVD±R" and everytime it finishes, i check the video_ts folder, thers files (2 ifo's 2 bup's and 3 vob files) and wen i play the .vob files on windvd it only plays half the movie. i joined two movie files with virtualdub, but everytime i use the turorial i still get those 7 files, i dnt wnt to burn them yet cuz it may be wrong. plz help. thnx in advance

You dont play the VOB files, you double click the VIDEO_TS.IFO file to play it. All the files must be in a VIDEO_TS folder as well.

spikes7

i hve played the video_ts.ifo files but it is still half the movie :( :confused:. do u think ther is something wrong with the avi's i joined together?

under my movie folder (default directory for dvd2svcd) i check the other movie files and they work fine meaning it is the whole movie but with no sound. i check the other one the MPlex_Muxed_File00 file it is also half the movie.

plz help. thnx in advance.

Last edited:
spikes7 said:
. do u think ther is something wrong with the avi's i joined together?
Sounds like the problem. How did you join them?

If you encode each part avi separately (without joining them) select 1/2 the CD size your using for the full dvd.( ie 2200) then let TMPGEnc DVD Author join them both when you author them.