Help with PS2 backup, Bond E.O.N. won't work!! Is it the media I'm using?

zim_zimmer

Hi,

I recently got a DVD Burner (Philip DVDRW824) and wanted to back up my James Bond : Everything Or Nothing PS2 game. I searched this forum and decided to go for DVD Decrypter as it seemed to be pretty simple to use and people say they have had no trouble with it.

I followed the instructions down to a tee and the image that I ripped burned successfully back to my DVD+R. However when I loaded it up in my PS2 (I use Flip Top & Swap Magic DVD 2.0) I put in the DVD backup and the INSERT DISC screen (from the Swap Magic DVD) goes away but the game never loads up. I'm sure I haven't don anything wrong but obviously the game won't work so I must have done!!!

I'm using PACKARD BELL DVD+R's to burn onto
A PHILIPS DVDRW824 DVD writer
DVD Decrytper (v.3.2.3.0)

Could anyone point me in the right direction as to where I'm going wrong????

Thank you

Paul

zim_zimmer

Oh right... So I myself aren't foing anything wrong in the reading/burning process then if I've followed the instructions????

What brand of Media would you suggest? And is DVD+R or DVD-R better for PS2 stuff??

Thank you

What version PS2 have you got ? anything v4 and below will not read DVD+R format

Go for some Ritek G04 or similar brand media for best results

zim_zimmer

I've got a V6 PS2 with FLIP TOP & Swap Magic.

I've been reading the forum about these RITEK DVD-R's and they seem like nothing goes wrong!!!

I may have to get some of those... any recommendations on which ones to get? What do you use and whats your success rate with them?

Have you tried to burn the new James Bond : Everything Or Nothing game??? I'd be interested to know if it works on a RITEK disc!!!

Thanks