help with ie6

its like this everytime i download a zip file it auto downloads and saves it in temporany internet files and opens it in winzip i used to be able to save it in my drives wherever i wanted to i know i must have mis-clicked or checked some setting to have this happen to me cause i never had it before its annoying to right click and save target to i like the simple things in life, to just click and choose where to download a file to

any wise guru or ie6 savy guy or anyone for this matter could help please ps don't ask me to reinstall windows stupid tech support in my country said that.

ar3s:
open your windows explorer choose tools --> folder options
go to file types and search for zip
then click on advanced and in the new window check the small box "confirm open after download"
i hope that works
FortiTude

To Ar3s

Just make New Folder on your HD, name it for example "Downloads", and for the first download choose this folder. Next time IE6 will open that folder automaticaly so you'll have no troubles anymore, I think!

Please, post if it works for you, I did it same way and it's fully functional.

Cheers & good luck.

jasmin i think you missed the point, he accidently checked the box at the bottom of that dialog and now he doesn't get that dialog anymore and wants it back
FortiTude

Sorry! The best way is: Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs - Check MS IE6 & Internet Tools - Click "Remove" and then, in pop up window select REPAIR!!!

That's all, folks!

Thank You All

Thanx to all the helped especially FortiTude all the way to the point worked like it should now much appreciated. hehe Wolfy thanx for the 2 posts i guess :D jasmin thanx but i figured out why your avatar is a guy continuously walking around in a square box :confused:

To Ar3s

???????????? What are you talkin' bout, Ar3s??? The easiest way to restore default settings in IE6 is REPAIR in Add/Remove Programs! And, I'm glad you like my avatar. What about yours? Is your avatar showing us somethin' bout your personality?:confused: :D

Re: To Ar3s

jasmin said:
???????????? What are you talkin' bout, Ar3s??? The easiest way to restore default settings in IE6 is REPAIR in Add/Remove Programs!
i don't think that's the easiest way, cause that one takes some time and even tries to repair every shit that isn't even damaged ... and it often doesn't solve the problem you really have (had that many times !)
and i even think that wouldn't solve the problem because it's not exactly a internet explorer default setting, but it is a part of the os itself (-> windows explorer)
FortiTude

Ar3s - you have a strange way of thanking someone trying to help you, mate. :( :confused:
Jasmin has helped me before.

A problem often can be solved in more than one why. Everyone here, i´m sure, do their best to share what they think is the best way to handle an issue.
Therefore there is no reason for sarcastic remarks.
We are a helpful and friendly board. Please don´t change this.....:)

LaZorMan