HELP, Problem with copying gran turismo concept and v-rally 3?

Hi there

I have a problem, im using a pioneer a04 burner with prass primo dvd, and have suddenly encounted problems with these new games. I can copy them, but I am having trouble booting these games up on my ps2. Every other game I have copyed so far has work with no problems at all until now.
To get these new games to boot up I usually have to load medal of honour first and wait for the loading screen to appear, then take the disk out and put grantursimo in or v-rally 3, then reboot the ps2 and then it will load. I dont know why these two latest games wont boot up by themselves? Does anybody know or have any idea why?
I have a messiah mod chip and are using an unbranded neo media (the media with the white top) as my dvd-r's.
Could it be because Im using unbranded media, if so what other media could I use?

Thanks any help would be much appreciated.

Johno

its probably the cheap media, i'm not aware of either needing a patch (unless you are trying to copy gt concept geneva-tokyo - jap - ps2 cos you cant copy it, far as i know it'll go straight through on the pal one, but the jap version has more on the disc and is the first ps2 game to be stored on a dvd 9 disc (single sided, dual layer 9gb). you can count on more games using this format (i believe the first english language ones will be xenosaga-xenogears 2 and legia-dualsaga - legend of legia 2) since the games have to be ripped before you can fit them on a standard 4.7gb dvdr :( the reason that these 2 hve been picked is simply that they wont be a matter of putting a huge dummy file (like simpsons did) to fill out the disc. if it holds back/limits piracy then expect to see more, so see it as your duty to get a copy of both of them as soon as they are released so they dont think its worked :D.

back to your current problem, why are you using prasi to copy ps2 games, they copy much more reliably with nero 5590 or dj 4 (xbox is better on prasi though)

how do I copy using nero?

Hey there

Thanks for your reply. can you tell me how do I copy a ps2 game with nero, do I just do a dvd copy using nero, or do I have to use one of the other ways on nero?

thanks

johno

just use the wizzard select coppy a dvd and burn it, as long as you kow the original is clean and ok just do it on the fly, same with dj4 just select the copy option.

Hey ABC man, do you have an URL to the advanced settings on should use in Disk Juggler to copy DVD's (to hardrive) then back to DVD-R recorder?

I saved a profile for PS2 CD games with all the proper settings, I wanted to do the same with the PS2 DVD settings.
I am using the latest discjuggler, but I also have nero as well.

I grabbed the ps2 CD profile from consolecopyworld (also has a ps1 copy profile)

Thanks

po

DiscJuggler v4

just use DiscJuggler v4 (pioneer 104 firmware 1.31)
copy cds and dvds from same burner
(media is very important)
i use dvd master gen4 2x ps2=perfect
dvd movies 2x=perfect
95p each at bowlers

then boot your games

PS2 DVD-R Boot Methods

NEO 2/2.2 With Action Replay 2 v1.7 or v1.9

.Turn on the ps2 with AR2 (holding down the ON/RESET)
.Select Start Game (Still Holding ON/RESET)
.Press EJECT (while still holding the ON/RESET button) and swap AR21.7 with DVD original
.Press EJECT to close (Wait 10 seconds)
.Then select WITHOUT CODES. Wait until disc stops
.Now let go of reset and the tray comes out, Swap DVD original for a backup DVDR press X just as the tray starts to go back in (IMPORTANT)

NEO 2/2.2 With Action Replay 2 v2.x

.Load AR2 V2 keeping Resetbutton pressed
.Select Action Replay Codes
.highlight Dave Mirra Freestyle BMX2 Code
.press START
.press EJECT and insert Original-TOC-DVD
.wait 10 Seconds
.now press 'X' on with Codes and 'X' once again
.Error-Message appears: 'Too many Codes'
.original TOC DVD stops spinning (thx, Datel *g*)
.now perform EA Trick (release Reset-Button) & insert DVDR Backup
.press 'X' to confirm Error-Message
.now press Circle twice to enter Mainmenu again
.START GAME, without Codes, press 'X'
.Codes are getting actualised
.DVDR boots

NEO 2.5

.Press Eject button and tray will move out, insert AR2 (GS2) disc1 of v1.71 or v1.91 into tray.
.Press Reset to get back the tray , PS2 will then go to Standby mode - Reset light comes on red.
.Press and holding Reset button until the PS2 goes into PS2 DVD Backup Mode, then release Reset button.
.For a while, AR2(GS2) Main Menu will be existed on monitor, and that the tray will comes out automatically.
.Next swap PS2 DVD Originals (ex. DOA2) in place of AR2 (GS2) disc1, the tray will go back automatically.
.At that time, Reset button light will become on red, meantime, the joypad operation will be interrupted for about for 5 sec. after then, the Reset button will be flashing in green color.
.Press "START GAME", "WITHOUT CODE", the tray will move out automatically again.
.Further swap PS2 DVD Backups in place of PS2 Originals (ex. DOA 2), after that the tray will move back again automatically.
.Press "X" button of joypad to get start the operation of the backups by then.

NEO 4

.Turn on the PS2 with no disc
.Press X to go into the browser screen
.Press eject and put in your original DVD game (Big TOC)
.Press eject again and hold till gold disc comes on screen
.Let go and tray will eject slowly- swap with your DVDR backup
.Press X and play - its that simple

Note the best boot disc to use at the time of this post is GTA3 or Devil May Cry 4.37GB

Messiah

Double click reset button to put messiah into DVD mode

Last edited:
no, messiah double click is for ps1 or dvd video you dont need a double click for dvdr games other than that its a very useful post and i'm sure will help out many people.

just to follow up on my orig post from early august, I use nero with my a04 to read the DVD image to the hard drive (as an iso file) then use recordnowmax, which seems to be the only program that has never generated coasters for me, to burn the .iso DVD image.

hope that helps the noobz.
po

gt

Burned this game yesterday with no problem.
image through fantom cd and burn back image-done
as you have been advised though-ps2 do not like cheap media
popfather1;)