Help!! Disk Capacity Too Small!

Ok so maybe I'm not the nerd I thought I was :eek: I am trying to burn the little mermaid onto a 700MB CDR but the file is 727MB and Nero doesn't let me burn onto two disks. I used to do this sort of thing all the time but now I cant remember for the life of me, how to do any of it! Do I use tmpg to trim it or something? How or what can I use to burn to disks?

RA! Something so simple and my brain wont compute!

You mention TMPGENC? - if using that for VCD encoding, you could possibly lower the bitrate without too great a loss in compatibility.

If the file is already VCD or SVCD encoded, then you need to use a VCD/SVCD task in Nero, and not ordinary data, as VCD swaps the data correction for extra capacity.

celtic_druid said:
This is an AVI and you are wanting to burn it as an AVI? Or are you say wanting Nero to convert it to VCD?

Yes its an avi. When I use nero to convert it to vcd it wont allow me to burn to my 700mb disk. Its weird because the file size itself is only 698 MB. I have converted avi's with 714MB size and had no problems at all fitting it onto the one disk. :(

How long is then time? If you encode a standard VCD, then apart from a small overhead, the programme time to CD time is 1:1 - regardles of the original being in a lower compression codec (and larger) or a higher compression codec (and smaller) - the same as with putting files to audioCD - TIME, not original size, is what counts.

LTR12101B said:
How long is then time? If you encode a standard VCD, then apart from a small overhead, the programme time to CD time is 1:1 - regardles of the original being in a lower compression codec (and larger) or a higher compression codec (and smaller) - the same as with putting files to audioCD - TIME, not original size, is what counts.
Yeah fair enough! It's 82 mins! so point taken, however I still haven't found out how to use two disks to solve the problem! :D Nero doesn't have any settings to allow the use of burning to two disks..... any clues? :(

celtic_druid said:
82mins you should be able to overburn. 2mins over rather than 78mins under.
:( Nope. Still doesn't work. The avi file is a DIVX movie, could that have anything to do with it? I also see to be having problems encoding another divx movie.

Whatever the source was is not reliavant. What I meant is that you should be able to overburn an 82min VCD.

Conversion is a different matter. If you can't overburn 2mins then you could try trimming some end credits off if possible.

I along with pretty much everyone else here do not recommend Nero for MPEG1/2 encoding.

celtic_druid said:
Whatever the source was is not reliavant. What I meant is that you should be able to overburn an 82min VCD.

Conversion is a different matter. If you can't overburn 2mins then you could try trimming some end credits off if possible.

I along with pretty much everyone else here do not recommend Nero for MPEG1/2 encoding.

Thank you for your help on this.... ok, so Nero is not recommended.... what do you recommend I use instead and what can I use to cut the credits out of the film.... I really really cant remember!

:p Just goes to show what you can learn when you read the tutorials! I figured out how to trim the movie and now my toddler is happily watching a whole stack of disney movies that I downloaded! But thanks to chicken man, I'm also learning how to get a couple of films onto a DVDr using my new DVD writer!! Nice Tutorials, had forgotten they were there!

The End! :p