Help: CDROM registry corrupted (errno 19)????

Hi,

My system is Win2000 Professional. My CDROM can not work anymore after I uninstalled an application. Device manager said my CDROM registry corrupted and errno is 19. Has anyone met this problem? Please help me to fix it. I do not want to reinstall the system again. Thanks.

Chern4000

hmm strange error "cdrom registry" :)
Try this one: go to system properties-->Device manager--> look for the cdrom that doesn't work, select it and press canc to uninstall.
Reboot and win should reinstall the cdrom, maybe will fix the prob

Ok, try to describe better the problem, I mean..
When does the error come up?
Which program did you uninstalled?
ect.. ;)

I uninstalled DVD Fusion and one message box prompted to ask if want to delete some shared files. I clicked OK button since those files are for DVD Fusion. Then the uninstall program was continuing but did not stop and Win2000 was hung. I rebooted Win2000 and my CDROM can not work anymore.
There is no CDROM icon in "My Computer" and Device Manager shows a "!" and say my CDROM registry corrupted and error no. 19. I followed its guide and tried to fix this problem, (1) uninstall the device and reboot system to find this device, and (2) check the registry if this device's SYSTEM has full access right, but in vain. :Confused:
Do you have any idea?

Hey your problem sounds like those of Roxio products.. :D
Remove CDrom drive in Device Mgr as before and don't reboot, use Add/Remove hardware wizard, it should detect it and reinstall
Hope it works :)

Hi lore,

I tried but in vain. I even tried to reinstall Win2000 system but the problem still is there. There may be only one solution for this problem -- "reinstall a whole new Win2000 system". :mad:
I still try to find any other solution to fix this problem these days. I will reinstall a new Win2000 system if no other way to fix it.
Thanks lore for your kindly help anyway.

Drill down to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Check the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values for references to drivers for DVD Fusion. If found, remove. If you are not sure if the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values contain drivers for DVD Fusion then just remove Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values if they both exist. Reboot.

The only problem with removing both Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values is that they might contain references to drivers that you want to keep. In that case you will need to re-install the software.

YES!!! My registry has Lowerfilters "nerocd2k" only. I removed it and reboot. My CDROM is back though "nerocd2k" auto-installed itself again at system booting time. :) :)

Thanks both's help.

Nerocd2k.sys won't hurt anything. This Lowerfilters entry is installed at start-up by Nerocheck.exe

Glad you didn't have to re-install Win2K.