HD cluster size for recording?

Hi it's down to your PC system and what your recording to your harddrive. Are you getting problems with something your doing?

And I can't complain about my FAT32 4K clusters performance either. If you have a fast system/hard disk it doesn't matters I think.

I think Fat32 is faster for audio regording on hard disk, and ntfs for video recording. That is from my personal experience.

I'm using a Audio harddisk-recording system with 12 or more mono/stereo tracks, this must be stressfull for any harddisk or not? Because of reading and writing simultanious a lot of files.

12 tracks is nothing! You don't need to worry so much about h/d performance if that's all you are looking for.

about the fat32 4k clusters. While you will certainly use a lot of tracks with this setup, 32k clusters will produce less hard drive stress on multiple tracks. i wouldn't argue it's essential that convert to 32k clusters but it's certainly beneficial long term and your drive will defragment faster (larger cluster sizes defragment quicker). it will also waste less disk space for larger files.

NTFS is better for larg files

just keep the partition under 8GB and u will have a fast cluster under NTFS

Can someone reccomend a a program for changing FAT32 cluster sizes (possibly freeware)? I know Partition Magic does it, but I have some major gripes with that program. I'm looking for something much smaller anyways. Thanx!