Has Molex had its day?

Whenever I work on the guts of my computer there is one thing that always makes my blook boil: Molex power connectors. So here is a nice way to start a little flamewar:

"The connector is not dead, its on life support, we should find a better way to connect our high power consumption bells and whistles devices than those cheap, connectors"

I have a particular hatred for those converters to allow multiple devices to use the same connectors (like on fans), the pins and things they connect to always becme misaligned and it takes ages for me to make them work. There are new connectors for SATA power, so why not a greater rollout?

(And on that note, we should have SATA CD/DVD devices, not for a speed increase, just so I can dump those evil ribbon cables and long data connectors, I mean, even rounded cables still look as thick as a high voltage electrical cable)

malcontent said:
So here is a nice way to start a little flamewar:
Are you making a genuine grumble/complaint or just nothing better to do !? :confused: ... note IF any one starts a flamewar in this thread you will no doubt be first to find the door you have been warned >>>>VIPER_1069<<<< :)

Flamewar is the expression I normally use when I really don't like somthing and am about to start a major grumble about it. No this is a SERIOUS techical debate I'm trying to raise. The fact is that I hate molex connectors with a passion and surely there must be a better system??? :confused:

Molex isn´t all that bad, in many cases it´s the quality of connectors and not just the spec that makes them very anoying, a good solution at least for me is this:
http://www.vantecusa.com/p_mck10uv.html

As for SATA power connectors they are very nice to work with but also are more fragile than other connectors, I´ve read that there seems to be a new spec in development about this where the connectors will be upgraded with some kind of clip.

And having CD/DVD SATA drives isn´t a bad idea until you run out of SATA ports, my guess is that this would have to wait until SATA2 arrives wich it´s said that it would support more than 2 drives by port.

Looks like a good product, it'll certainly be good for avoiding the misaligned pins which make me a little irrate when installing new hardware