Great tool for optimizing XP startup

Yo guys,

here a great tool to optimize the startup speed for Windows XP.
The tool is from Microsoft itself...
Just give it a try and post your comments about it

Attachments

dx

Agreed...its been posted before (its been awhile though). Nevertheless, a great little tweak for WinXP. :cool:

dx

quidam said:
Don't notice any change :D
There wasn't...that is why I mentioned it had been posted before. Nevertheless, I commend guicaut for mentioning it, as there are a lot more peeps on the Forum since bootvis-tool was last posted. :cool:

I noticed something!!!...it´s called bluescreen :rolleyes:
I get them always when i try to boot the system...no chance to boot without the bluescreen

but I´am glad that I have an actual windrive image of my system partition...so its no problem...just an half our more work

I tried to run bootvis again the backup of my system but no chance...thx at MS :cool:

LOL !!

hippoth said:
I noticed something!!!...it´s called bluescreen :rolleyes:
Don't get me wrong hippoth.....I'm laughing with you and not at you...(it's just the sarcasm in your statement that got me).

I'm trying to figure out why my computers boot exponentially slow since connecting them via a crossover cable. I think there is something wrong because I get stuck at the "welcome" screen for ages. Also, this last boot-up managed to fudge my StyleXP theme.

I might give bootvis a try, although I tried it about 2 months ago and noticed nothing (this was when I wasn't really even having a "boot time" problem).

Re: LOL !!

Wedge said:
Don't get me wrong hippoth.....I'm laughing with you and not at you...(it's just the sarcasm in your statement that got me).
I had the same reaction! LMAO I almost wasted good bier too..

Strype

I would advise anyone with a slow boot to try this .
you need to defrag hard disk first.
my boot wasnt that slow but i gave it a try, 100% improvement.
something usefull from m/s for a change !

spider:cool: