Gladiator Anti-Virus:- Post your opinions and Test Results Here

Laz

As a result of some direct input from the company in another related thread on A/V software we have decided to ask you the members for your opinions and test results on the new kid on the block in A/V protection Gladiator AntiVirus

You can download your FREE copy of GAV from:- http://www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

It is a 2.36 Mb d/l

Below is a copy of the post made in our forum by Gladiator explaining the benefits of this new A/V software:-

Short Description:

Gladiator AntiVirus GAV is a professional virusscanner.
GAV is designed to detect and identify known

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Viruses, BAT-Viruses, HLLx-Viruses, I-Worms, IRC-Worms, mIRC-Worms, IIS-Worms, Trojans, Trojan-Notifier, Trojan-Dropper, Trojan-Downloaders, Backdoors, Unix Trojans/Backdoors, VBS Viruses/Backdoors, General Office Macro Viruses, Word Macro Viruses, Excel Macro Virures
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

within files, boot-sectors, main-boot-records, partition-tables and memory. You can use GAV for scanning all your floppy-disks, harddisks, CD-Roms and network-drives.

Features:

very fast scan engine

Realtime Byte Code Emulator ( for patched runtime packed files )
UPX Unpack Support --> detects also "patched archives" and writes this in a special logfile after scan

Scan Modes:

(1) - Default System Scan (default, all drives, dangerous file types)
(2) - Custom System Scan (user settings)
(3) - Full System Scan (all drives, all folders, all files)

A VERY Complex Configuration:

The Live Assistant takes care of you :)

(animated and can speak)

Integrated Online Update Support
Download the newest updates within the program - no need to search and control number versions.

and and and....

You can take a look in our forum - you are (and all others too) are most welcome !

We have in our forum some very good resources of information.

Best regards,
Gladiator

So all members who are interested just simply post your thoughts on the software after you have tested it. I'm sure this will prove of real benefit to both yourselves and the company. :)

my opinion first (since haven't tested the program yet):
looks promising. Even if it ends up that it doesn't work well or is a memory hog , etc... at least they are looking for our input to better improve things.
Like I said though, looks promising & hopefully it turns out to be something good =)

It dous not start with windows . You have to drop the desktop icon into the startup folder. The options for startup in the configeration are not available .
It locked up on me when I did the online update. but it dous scan quickly we will see if it picks anything up as yet NO.
Barry

I don’t like antivirus software (had problems in the past); I prefer to be carefully with what and from where I take something!
After reading this post I decided to test Gladiator.
It is nice software, promise many in the future! I received my registration number in 2 seconds! Installation was the easiest thing and easy is the way you can use the software! It not loads at start up and the Start Up option is disable. Also Language, Custom Profile settings, Virus Information are disable too.
Now on “Drives and Files Types” window under “How to respond when a virus is found” I click on “Ask me what to do” click save “settings” but every time I open Gladiator the setting is on “recommended”
I didn’t wanted to do a virus scan because I don’t want Gladiator to repair or delete some files (if it find some) believing that these files are viruses!
I made a "Custom system scan" on C and takes 12mins for 20GB total size - 14,1GB free space, after that the report log opened and when i was reading, Gladiator and the report disappeared! (had to new start Gladiator) (and look in "REPORTS" folder to read the report)
The update is also quickly and easy!
I have not notice any change on my system!

Read here:
http://forum.cdrsoft.cc/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24117&perpage=15&pagenumber=2

Last edited:
It uses to many rescources for my liking.Looks good but is to much of a rescource hog.I am using windows xp with the service pack.Thanx.Till laterz

New Scan Engine does not need so much memory now and i added 7000 new viruses.

New Update available via live update

Best Regards,
Gladiator

Ah yes... Because many people (from this board here) asking me if its possible to run GAV together with other AV Software - yes it is.

I collected here some feedback from our forum:

Question 1
hello to everybody
I've downloaded GAV already days ago... but despite my eagerness to give it a shot I still did not install it ( shame on me... ) - the reason is a quite simple one:
As GAV is still in Alpha phase I reckon it's necessary to keep a second AV vor backing up (and comparisment...) and I'm not sure about possible interferences if I'm running GAV together with another AV? I guess the problem would not be in on demand scanning as I can switch between the AV's - disabeling the one while the other one is running. But in the moment I'm using Nod32 which I mainly appreciate for it's on access monitor (Amon) - and that might be where I have to expect problems...
So - can I keep Nod's on access monitor enabled if I install GAV?
Or - in other terms - I guess, all of you are in a similar situation, having GAV running together with at least one more AV for backing up - how are you handeling this? How are your experiences with interferences?
Thanks a lot for your suggestions

Answer 1
I run the "famous" PC Cillin in the background without any interferences. And I know of people who run KAV also without problems in the background. So, from my experience, I can say that there shouldn't be problems with running both at the same time.

Answer 2
Hi tat and skep!
I have NAV 2002, but I do not run them at the same time. Each week (sometimes more often) I run FULL scans and checks on my system. I turn NAV off when I am running GAV and GAV off when I am running NAV. So far, this works just fine. I also have NAV running in the background as my resident AV. When GAV has this capability, I'll try it that way too.
Best regards from Larry!

Answer 3 (same person as question 1)
Just to get it to a (happy) end...
I'm fine with both AV enabled, only for the moment of scanning with GAV I rather switch of the resident monitor temporarily. Obviously there's no interference between the two
Will see how this will be once GAV will have it's resident monitor...
Cheers,

Answer 4
Hello everyone!
I run both Trend Micro's PCcillin and AVG in the background. They don't conflict with each other and they don't cause any problems when I scan with GAV. My system seems to cope just fine!.
Regards Gordon

---

i hope that helps

Best regards,
Gladiator

Gladiator said:
New Scan Engine does not need so much memory now and i added 7000 new viruses.

New Update available via live update

Best Regards,
Gladiator
Dam Gladiator there's mi thinking I'm helping you out bro.:)
But you've put in 7000 new viruses into your program.:mad: The idea is to STOP them or catch them B4 they do any damage to your files not introduce them onto your system...:D :D :D ;)
Keep up the good work G:)

gladiator

the program is not bad but it tells me i have a virus on my fasttrak.sys for my promise raid card
needs a bit of work

Last edited: