GForce4

thinking of changing my gforce2 mx400 for a gforce4 mx440
not sure if its worth it, would i see a great improvement on my xp pro running games ?(wolfenstein,Qake,f12002 etc)

spider:cool:

personally i would steer clear of the gf4 mx series..for the price vs performance they are ok but seeing as you are a gamer you would be better off with a gf3 ti200....i would wait and untill nvidia release the nv30 and you will see prices drop on the gf4 ti series...

Pesronally, I use a GeForce 4 Titanium. Great card ( 128 MB)

I use it for graphical design - not games.

Sushii

sushi
i have a gainward gf4 ti4600 golden sample (128meg) and it is a good card, i'm mainly a gamer but i do some autocad aswell for work sometimes and it copes quite well lol.....

I also have a gainward gf4 ti4600 golden sample :) it brilliant 1280 x 1024 in sof2 and still get 125+ fps on most maps...

and is also good at 3d rendreing and cad stuff as previously metioned!!!

*** Shamless Plug over**** :)

geforce 4 mx's have been equated to overclocked geforce 2 Ultra's ok 4 buget but not brilliant for serious gamers..

The GF4 TI4200 cards are a great compromise between cost and performance...

Would recomend the gainward gf4 ti4200 golden sample (128MB) costs around £140 but its a great card for a resonable price

also has vivo and a dvi out

Hope this helps

Shakari

Me, I bought a Triplex Millenium GeForce 4 TI4200 (128MB). I believe it's an excellent compromise between performance and price. But shop around, and see what's out there. But I agree with the others, The GeForce 4 MXs are simply glorified GeForce 2's, and let's face it, trying to play Battlefield 1942 with one of those in single player is like watching a Powerpoint presentation!!!

Thank you, Joripe!

I have indeed been using the search function, it's the only way to surf this forum! It's a great resource and full of goodies and info. Thanks for providing such a great service!

dx

spider...I went from a Geforce 2MX to a Geforce 2 Ti 4200. Wow, what a difference! The colors, the sharpness, the speed. Not bad for $150 USD.

Now you could go for a 4MX, but I have heard that it is not that much better than a 2MX. Besides, there is only about a $40 USD difference between the two...so for the $$$$ the Ti 4200!

stevie_boz is right though...you could go for a Geforce 3 Ti200 ...but again a Ti 4200 is faster and not that much more $$$. 3 Ti200's are about the same price as a 4MX now (about $100-120 USD). Once again...the Ti 4200's are a great bargain!