gear pro 6

E

elpresidente

hmm ..why everybody makes experiments with burning softwares?
stay with Nero 5.5.8.0 it works fine for DVDr ..
Easy to use and also good for CDRs ...

greetz ;) :p

it gets stranger

i ripped the film called "the one" but it had problems,so i re ripped it using my liteon dvd drive not the a03,but now when i burn it it works fine in pc and ps2 but won't go in any stand alone player i used nero 5580 and record now max on both datasafe and verbs,its strange as the ps2 is usually the most trouble,is there anything obvious i missed,my next move is to re install windows.

win XP
amd 1800
jetway M/board
pioneer a03
liteon dvd 16x
datasfe/verbs

E

elpresidente

maybe u forgot one step ...
e.g. Get_VTS sectors (Ifo Edit)...
Softplayers are able to play such discs but standalone players aren´t...
or was it a 1:1 copy ?

greetz

E

elpresidente

btw... I did a firmware update on 1.80 and after that i produced coasters ... :( ... nothing worked after flashing...
reinstalled win2k and now everything is alright again ...

greetz

still no good

i did use get vts sectors,i'm using your tutorial whick has worked fine for me on 6 dvd's,but this has gone odd.the 1st rip worked in stand alone and ps2 fine,but froze up at the same point no matter what soft ware or media i used,so i thought it was a bad rip.the new rip plays in all except stand alone,maybe it is time to reinstall xp.

E

elpresidente

hmm ... tell me what exactly is happening when u put the disc into your standalone ....

maybe this is the solution ....

delete your ifo files ....
open ifo edit ....
press CREATE NEW IFOs
after creating ...
Press GET_VTS ...
now try the disc again ...

greetz

new ifo's

did i read somewhere i need edit the audio settings after i create new ifo's? and does ifos edit make new bup's.when put in stand alone it just seeks for along time,even with verbs,datasafe were really cheap £1.90 each and seem very good when they work

E

elpresidente

no nothing to edit ... Ifo Edit creats all u need.. don´t forget Get_VTS ;)
... the only con is ..that your standalone doesn´t show you which language your are playing ... cause Ifo edit doesn´t know that ... so it´s just unspecified audio ... but that´s not very important :)

1.9£ is really cheap for branded dvdr ... but .. no name for 1.7$ do the same job for me ;)