[GC] News

just scanning around and found a few bits of news so i may as well post them.

In no particular order

1) splinter cell confirmed for gamecube
2) metroid fusion DOES link to metroid prime to open a couple of extras on the gc game
3) world beating shootem up IKARUGA will be coming to the cube soon, its confirmed now
4) a 3rd party company is bring out a usb compatable memory card soon with a 64mb size it can upload and download files on a pc to enable saves to be stored or emailed around the world, as a bonus it will allow those with modified cubes to use just 1 card on both jap and usa/eur saves (although it will require a reformat between jap and other regions)
5)sega and sonic team are in trouble after it was discovered that they had left development hacks in the gamecube version of phantasy star online allowing players to grant themselves infinate money, weapons and equipment, this will be removed for the western release but could cause problems when competing with japanese players of the original version.
6) panasonic have confirmed the relese (scheduled for december) of a totaly new version of their successful "Q" version of the cube out goes the stylish design of the current cube in favour of something more like a black dvd player
7) electronic arts have confirmed the release of Medal of honour frontline on both gc and xbox but currently it looks like neither version will allow online play.

hEY

Thank you alot, I wonder why noone ever gives news about the NGC.
It's a good machine.

I have read that NGC miniDVDs are copyable by just reading them with a DVD burner, copying the .bar file, uncompressing it and burning everything on a miniDVDR (I found some on the Internet).

Is it true ?
THX THX

you are welcome fako.

i'm sorry to disapoint but you wont be copying any original gamecube discs on your pc anytime soon, most pc drives cant even see a GCN disk let alone read any data off them.

Yeah, I have tried to read the NGC miniDVDs on many drives with many different fortunes.
On my DVD drive or DVD burner CloneCD can make an image but only with errors.

Is it any hope to be able one day to copy NGC games ?

not on a pc, however once the game is "ripped" those copies can be read and copied on a pc with dj4, nero or primo dvd.

any copy you attempt to make using clone is in fact just a bunch of zeros (try zipping it) ;)