Furious with spam

I never thought it would get to this stage, as I thought I'd always been pretty careful about not leaving spambot-harvestable email addresses around.

For the first time, I will actually drop an email account due to the stupid amount of spam it gets, and while they claim to offer an anti-spam filter, I'm even more furious because it is absolutely flaming useless!

Even sadder, I've seen many sites and blogs where people lay into DUL blacklists, such as the MAPS DUL, as being a bad idea.

Sure, DULs can be beaten by routing mail through a legitimate ISP server, but that means a good chance that the user will be picked up on it.

Fact is, I have not seen ANY legitimate mail that is direct sent from "casual" user IP address, and have not seen any unarguable spam that isn't direct sent through a compromised user proxy or trojan.

Good ISPs should restrict outgoing SMTP from their users, and warn the offending user that they may be compromised. They should also prevent their mail server from accepting email directly from unvalidated addresses in user space.

Spam could be blocked with 99% effectiveness at the server, it is wasteful of the available resources to repeat tests from every user.

PS. Praise to http://cbl.abuseat.org/ - I may use this if I have to resort to a local spamkiller.
Their spam detection percentage would seem to be in the high 90's, while also being a list with very few false positives, since being on that list is ONLY achieved by hitting their spamtraps.

I don't trust content evaluation as a valid means of spam detection.