Free tool for making image and restore your disk.

Worth a look ?

DiskTools ImageMaker is a lightweight, super-fast, FREE disk backup software. It enables you to make exact images of your entire hard drive(s), or separate partitions on a hard drive, to disk files. The images then may be restored to the initial or any other hard drive or volume, regardless of a file system it is formatted in. ImageMaker works with any Windows operating system: Windows 95,98,ME,NT,2000,XP, requiring Administrator privileges in Windows NT,2000, and XP. It does not require you to reboot to DOS to perform any disk operations.
Additional features/info:
After restoring the disk partition, its size will be equal to originally backed up partition. If you have backed up, say, 20Gb partition and then restored it into 30Gb partition, 10Gb of disk space will remain unpartitioned. Additional partition may be created there using the Disk Managment snap-in in Control Panel. An image cannot be restored to the partition of a smaller size than the original.
Images of entire hard disks should be restored to disks of the same size.
The FREE ImageMaker 1.1 does not support image compression and encryption. These features will be added in a future shareware version of ImageMaker.
The image of an entire hard drive may be restored only to a hard drive, not a partition, and vice versa.
After restoring a disk partition backup, a reboot is required to see the restored disk contents. After restoring entire hard disk backups, or in any other cases, no reboot is requred.

http://www.disk-tools.com/imagemaker.htm

Yeah,I`ve just upgraded my HD using Western Digital`s free tools.It only worked up to a point.It renamed my second partition as G: and took 13 hours.(YES..THIRTEEN HOURS) I ended up having to reinstall and activate XP on the the new HD.Seems a bit pointless now.Anyway thanks for the tip..