Flashing the LiteOn 812S

I just recently purchased 2 LiteOn 812S models, and am looking for the best firmware upgrade. I know there has been a lot of threads posted about this burner, but a lot of them refer to flashing to a 832, or a 1213. Most of them dont say exactly "which" firmware file has been used, but refer to a page with numerous files on it. I have went to several firmware pages, and have seen several firmware files. As I am new to this, I do not know "which" firmware file would be best. The latest one listed for the 812 (which I believe is "Q")? Or the latest for the 832 or 1213? Thanks for your help, and patience with a newbie :)

Not compatible with 1213S / 1633S firmware - they have a different chipset.

If you use a tampered / non original flash, goodbye warranty!

Safest way, use only the official firmware for your drive.

Crossflashing to an 832S adds DVD+R DL media capability, and gives you another firmware choice - but in the main, the official 812/832 firmwares should track together, with the 812 just being without DL.

For the ways to go beyond, the codeguys have it licked http://codeguys.rpc1.org

The omnipatcher can take ripped (not original Liteon issue) firmware and enable crossflashing (812-832), and media strategy swapping with overspeed.

The firmware page has ripped (unscrambled) firmware that can be used with the omnipatcher, plus an experimental (now at CG3B) firmware that is tuned for DVD+R quality