File Download problems (to fix problem)

Scrotumhead

Hi all

I still have a problem using large files (movies etc) loading from disc etc.

I think its to do with windoze service pack 2 (XP pro) I have tried to download the Nero reloaded files but as my connection times out at 2 hours I cant download a 35 MB file (I got file 1 but no more)

Also on the Nero site there is a link for this type of problem (file size) but again you have to download a file, this time from Microsoft, but I cant get the file as windows wont validate my PC (never had a problem before).

Does any know of a way I can get any of these files Please….

SH

use a download manager such as flashget , gozilla etc etc then you will be able to resume :)

the other alternative is to get rid of SP2 as it causes lots of problems with lots of things :(

Support of resume seems to be a little erratic among Nero FTP servers - as is multithread - I did find one that would multithread, having always failed to before, though it's possible they are just too busy to deliver multithread most of the time.

I just probed another one using the FTP commands in Filezilla, and that supported the "REST" command that is required for FTP resume - in fact, a real FTP client like FileZilla may be the best thing.