Favourite Console Poll

Its Probbally been done before but here goes please vote and state why you voted for that console

xboox for me, best hardware,built in harddrive,best dvd player off them all, and mature games

tough one that, i have all 3 but everyone knows my favourite is the gamecube:D

ps2 = good games, getting old, worth buying

xbox = too big, poor games, poor controllers, hard drive (its locked to the machine (without chip) so when it dies its bye bye console as the xbox wont run without it), to do anything on it you have to buy expensive extras (dvd, xblive headset), no 56k option for the majority of europeans, broadband included but $50 add on required to use it properly, specification from m$ thats as close to blatent lies as is legaly possible, old technology 32 bit system with poor quality components, slow ram, inbuilt online spying

Gamecube = superb controllers, excellent games, cheap online adaptors (bb & 56k) and online costs, High technology 128 bit system, fastest commercial ram on the planet, wavebird, easily portable, designed as a games machine for games players not as a jack of all trades (and master of none), flexable removable save game storage for game saves.

basicly i like to own a videogames system not a set of weights that displays pretty graphics/dvd player/cd player/toaster/?????? (after all like most people i already own a dvd player and a decent cd player (and a toaster;)) so why on earth would i want another one of inferior quality.

ABCMan said:

xbox
, old technology 32 bit system with poor quality components, slow ram, inbuilt online spying

bits is a old way of comparing console compare them in gigaflop lol then see which is the best,xbox has the fastest ram of all 3. inbuilt online spying hahaha

N.B.

Staff member
Voted for PSX2 :)
The games I really like are only available for PC or PSX2 ..
That is why ...
Basically I would like to have a PSX2 and a GameCube ..
Surely not a XBox .. kinda ripp off :(

Cloud_Strife said:
,xbox has the fastest ram of all 3.

game cube ram is by far the fastest, you were mis informed (probably by the same company who said they had all those sound channels then forgot to mention they were mono 8 bit channels and that infact it was the same as the cube and only a bit better than the ps2).

i'll try to find the details for you.

Atari,Commodore 64 for me What the hell are these Gamecubes and PS2's??? Jeez guys keep up with the times :D

Definately the PS2. Better selection of games.

Regardless of gigaflops or RAMBUS or 'how-fast-it-falls-from-a-building', the games are what sell the console. This has been proven plenty of times (Jaguar, Dreamcast, Turbografix).

The fact that I'm not stuck with my old PSX games and backups and the fact that there a few console exclusive games that I like that won't get if I had a different console are what sells me still on the PS2. I would buy one today before I bought any other console.

i did protosniper ;)

firstly because it was the only new console available back then, since then i've kept having to buy them as they are so unreliable its unbelieveable :( BOTH my v3's have packed up this week, both with the same fault (dvd read failed) now some might say it was the chip, BUT one had a messiah the other a neo 4 with neo+ board, and one lad i know has had 4 unchipped ones in a year all died with the same fault, the ps2 as a console therefore sucks for its quality, and sadly the quality of most of its games is only at or below those of the xbox, however its saving grace is the few top quality games that are in the main exclusive to the system.

you are right about software selling games up to a point but sadly the market isnt always correct, although many years ago the NES ruled the gaming world in europe it was the inferior (in terms of both hardware and software) sega master system that was the top seller. also if what you say is true then how come that for the last available weeks sales figures there were 2 dreamcast games in the top 30 but no xbox games whatsoever, surely that means the dreamcast is still a bigger success than the xbox (after all the dc has a higher proportion of decent games than the ps2 as well remember).

there is no doubt that at present the ps2 is the king of the consoles but i would hazzard a guess that it would still be the top seller even if it had no decent titles whatsoever simply because some people see it as trendy to own one, sadly in terms of its reliability, quality of the majority of its software and yes its lack of capability in comparison to newer consoles it realy should only rank second or third, the xbox, despite its low quality components is proving to be a more reliable and stable system than the ps2 could ever hope to be, maybe in a year or so it too will have a few good titles then sadly it will be time to consign the ps2 to the dustbin of history.

You are most definitely correct on the PS2 reliability issue, I can't name anyone I know (including myself) that hasn't had to purchase a replacement console.

As far as the two DC games & in the Top 30 in sales, this can be easily explained. There are still many DC owners and with the sparse amount of games being released (to NTSC and PAL regions anyways) it was easy for these owners to concentrate their purchases to these two titles (one of them being Ikaruga, I imagine). The fact that no XBOX games made it into the top 30 surprises me, however.

What console you buy is really determined on personal preference and how well the console is marketed. Some people like to know they're console is going to be around awhile and we PS2 owners, who like to live life on the knife's edge, look forward to the demise of their console like a Christmas morning. ;)